website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

40 minutes ago, thevorminatheria said:

Do we know how the wrestiling draw will be established? Will they hold a draw or go by seeding? And, if so, what kind of seeding, ranking-based?
I have been trying to find information about this on the UWW but couldn't find anything :question:

I already wrote long posts about it

top 8 seeds will have fixed places in the bracket. the other 8 wrestlers will be drawn randomly 

28 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I already wrote long posts about it

top 8 seeds will have fixed places in the bracket. the other 8 wrestlers will be drawn randomly 

Which ranking are they basing it on? i saw your posts from June 7th however the latest rankings i see on UWW have some differences

46 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Which ranking are they basing it on? i saw your posts from June 7th however the latest rankings i see on UWW have some differences

It's the same

the last ranking event finished on 9th June. but I wrote that post in middle of it after the freestyle competition.

they changed the entry list few times after that. that's why my old post is not accurate anymore.

46 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Seeding, nothing we didn't know already but nice to see it in writing:d

https://uww.org/article/paris-2024-seeds-announced-freestyle-greco-roman-womens-wrestling

A potential QF Aman vs Harutyunyan if both win their Rof16 matches. 

How do you see that match ? Does Aman stands a chance to reach SF & then fight for a bronze ? 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

A potential QF Aman vs Harutyunyan if both win their Rof16 matches. 

How do you see that match ? Does Aman stands a chance to reach SF & then fight for a bronze ? 

there is always an easy formula for Aman. to me he can beat anybody in the world (except Rei Higuchi) if he survives the early storm. his gas tank is unbelievable and if he is not down too much after the 1st period he can always manage a comeback. 5-6pts diff is probably nothing for him.

Harutynyan is a very explosive wrestler, he can score big points in par-terre but he usually gasses early (most probably because he cuts a lot for 57kg, he is a 61kg wrestler normally) 

Aman needs the correct strategy, keeping the head down, putting non-stop pressure. try to avoid a take down in middle of the mat at all cost. (even if he has to run like Usain Bolt) from the list of unseeded wrestlers only couple of them can do some damage, so Aman/Harut match is very likely to happen. this is probably the most important match for both of them if they want to win a medal.

Edited by MHSN

Posted (edited)

I just checked :MDA Maxim Sacultan's instagram page and based on what he wrote, he is going to Paris after all.

his presence will be important not because he is a medal threat :d but because he is seeded (seed 5, exactly in the same place as Mamedov) and without him they had to move up other seeded wrestlers and the bottom half would become too hard. 

for now among the favorites, Tevanyan and Tulga are in the top half, Amouzad, Musukaev and Aliyev are in the bottom half. which means bottom half is harder. but two big favorites, Kiyooka and Retherford are unseeded. their place in the draw will determine which half is harder.

Edited by MHSN

Belarus sources announced that :BLR Mahamedkhabib Kadzimahamedau is invited by IOC to participate at the Olympics. and I just checked his name is back on AIN list of IOC.

https://olympics.com/ioc/paris-2024-individual-neutral-athletes

they took his quota and gave it to Chamizo, obviously they are not going to deny Chamizo now, this means we will have 18 wrestlers at 74kg. 

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Belarus sources announced that :BLR Mahamedkhabib Kadzimahamedau is invited by IOC to participate at the Olympics. and I just checked his name is back on AIN list of IOC.

https://olympics.com/ioc/paris-2024-individual-neutral-athletes

they took his quota and gave it to Chamizo, obviously they are not going to deny Chamizo now, this means we will have 18 wrestlers at 74kg. 

Oh come on. Joost Luiten :NED can't enter the golf tournament anymore because the reserve has already been called up and registered and the IOC now refuses to let him in, but in wrestling it's no problem? :d IOC, come on guys.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!