website statistics

Fencing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

We're just unlucky at these Olympics. Plus the judges don't like us. It's impossible to lose 9 out of 10 last hits at 14-14. I don't understand why they discriminate against European countries in Paris. In fencing, you can see that the USA and Asia rule and every controversial hit at 14-14 goes to their advantage.

Edited by copravolley

24 minutes ago, Josh said:

What were the other two?

Today last touch in Bianchi-Itkin bout , and some italian fencing experts Say also last touch in Errigo bout against Scruggs ( I am not very sure about It honestly)

Federscherma president Paolo #Azzi is furious after #Macchi's silver medal to LaPresse: 'We are preparing an official protest to the IOC in agreement with President Malagò. Fortunately, President Bach, an Olympic foil champion, saw everything".

For me in fencing, judo, boxing, etc., in 90% of contact cases, the judges have the decisive influence. In foil, every mutual hit can go to 1 or 2 fencers. The same in sabre. Only the epee is legible. That's why I prefer disciplines where judges have less influence on the results.

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

CONI president (and IOC member) Malagó furious on Italian television. Today they crossed the line honestly 

The question is why do they dislike us so much in every discipline where judges have a decisive influence and in Europe at that?

20 minutes ago, copravolley said:

For me in fencing, judo, boxing, etc., in 90% of contact cases, the judges have the decisive influence. In foil, every mutual hit can go to 1 or 2 fencers. The same in sabre. Only the epee is legible. That's why I prefer disciplines where judges have less influence on the results.

I don't wanna argue with you or any Italian user; in fact, I admire your culture/heritage on multiple layers. Having said that, I've never seen an Italian complaining about the fencing refereeing in the 90's and early 00's, when you had to hit your athletes 10 times to score a point. Laura Badea told me she lost count of how many times she was robbed when competing against Vezzali or Trillini 

Edited by zob79

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

4 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The question is why do they dislike us so much in every discipline where judges have a decisive influence and in Europe at that?

'Cause the referees were used to get gifts from Italian federation; when those gifts stopped coming, this is what usually happens in any area of human activity.

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?