website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Benolympique said:

Were there any changes comparing to our Qualification Tracker here?

@Ogreman  Are you aware of any change due to injury/disqualification in the last days/weeks?

On 7/3/2024 at 11:03 PM, intoronto said:

Looks like :MOZ lost their tripartie quota in the 75kg (which originally was an event without a tripartie spot). I suspect they just corrected it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Pretty sure they added a universality quota when Cindy Ngamba :IOC qualified directly and the other refugee athlete Omid Ahmadisafa :IOC is not included in this document either so it looks like despite calling it a final quota allocation they haven't added the refugee quotas yet. It's a curious one but  :MOZ Rady Gramane 75kg should still be in.

On 7/3/2024 at 7:03 PM, intoronto said:

Looks like :MOZ lost their tripartie quota in the 75kg (which originally was an event without a tripartie spot). I suspect they just corrected it.

Wow!!! I think this is true.
Here is her reaction to this news: https://www.boxinghana.com/rady-gramane-of-mozambique-will-not-participate-in-the-olympics-as-ioc-autocratically-omits-him/

On 7/5/2024 at 9:29 PM, Ogreman said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Pretty sure they added a universality quota when Cindy Ngamba :IOC qualified directly and the other refugee athlete Omid Ahmadisafa :IOC is not included in this document either so it looks like despite calling it a final quota allocation they haven't added the refugee quotas yet. It's a curious one but  :MOZ Rady Gramane 75kg should still be in.

Don't see why they would have added a new quota, as she won her quota in a competitive fashion and is a competitive athlete.

8 hours ago, Pasolini said:

Don't see why they would have added a new quota, as she won her quota in a competitive fashion and is a competitive athlete.

Huh??? So there were 248 quotas originally in boxing. IOC then allocated two refugee quotas which in theory don't count towards the 248. So when they announced Rady Gramane :MOZ had been allocated a universality quota that originally didn't exist my assumption had been that because Cindy Ngamba was effectively occupying two quotas simultaneously ie. a refugee quota and an actual quota, there was a spare quota which they seeemingly had allocated as a universality quota.

Seems like they may have changed their mind on that but this has nothing to do with Cindy Ngamba's abilities just the number of quotas they have allocated.