website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Brilliant race from Keely today, those past failures have made her into an unstoppable force for years to go and it showed today in the way she pulled away from Moora, Dogouma and Maloney in the home straight. 

Also for all you :VIN fans out there never fear, because Hanbal Rohan runs in the Men's 800m later on in the meet. He ran a low 1:45 just last month, and given the nature of improvements in the 800m and with Rohan having a similar rate of improvements to Maloney he's got a feasible chance of making the final and potentially bettering Maloney and getting a medal. 

12 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

She was reinstated, thankfully :) 

For me it's ridiculous. If they disqualified her the first time, what changed that they reversed it now? Is someone else dealing with this? For me it's a circus. It should be like in other disciplines, that the decision is final, e.g. short track.

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

You sure about that ? on the official site and on WA result system the results are still unchanged

Batocletti deserved this bronze more - she was the only white girl competing here and broke the national record. Kenya already has gold. Besides, Kipiegoen already has 2 Olympic golds from 2012 and 2016. For her this silver means nothing but for the Italian it`s a success of a lifetime, which she probably will never repeat. 

Edited by copravolley

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

You sure about that ? on the official site and on WA result system the results are still unchanged

There will probably be another 10 counter-protests. I don't understand why they can't simplify it somehow? If they decided to give someone DSQ, it should be strong enough not to make a circus with some appeals. In other sports there are no such situations. In short track, the official result on TV is final. There are no 10 appeals from subsequent appeals.

Edited by copravolley

6 minutes ago, Belle said:

Who’s Anna Silvander? :mumble:

yeah I probably got the names wrong, I meant his girlfriend, that blondie attending and filming all his races. I don´t know why the name Anna Silvander get stuck in my mind, Silvander is obviously a Swede athlete, now I can not remember the name of his GF, but it something similar. Sorry, most of swede names sound to me so similar :lol: