website statistics

Broadcast Info

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

Wait huh? :yikes:

Eliotte Friedman is an NHL commentator, surprised to see that he’ll be doing canoe sprint during the Olympics?

Also, “Calling the highly anticipated debut of the sport of breaking” or not… :p

Friedman called the swimming, and even diving IIRC) in 2016. He was actually pretty good. 

But he did have an all-time terrible 15 minute stretch where he emphatically called gold medal swims by Phelps and Oleksiak by the wrong names :facepalm:

Not a fan of that pairing of Despatie and Abel. Hopefully Fillion is on the international feed, she's taken to the broadcast booth quickly and well

Glad to see they have Harnett back on cycling. 

Like the Snoek and MacDonald pairing for swimming

Could have lived without Soonias on volleyball

6 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I think Steve Armitage called swimming prior to Rio but wasn't able to do play by play that year for some reason

He was diagnosed with heart failure just before the games. Friedman stepped in on very late notice, and aside from the disastrous 15 minutes, I think actually equated himself pretty well doing a couple tough sports on short notice. 

It was only announced a week before the Olympics. Not sure how much warning they had before that, but given they had went forward with all the announcements like this with Armitage included, I don't imagine it was more than a week or two tops

Edited by JockCartier