website statistics

Athletics WA Diamond League 2024

Totallympics

13 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

:roflmao:Swiss judges a bit weak on Kambunji there!

Not exactly, still a DQ, but running under protest is far from new or unusual. I think I'd always do that, even knowing you're going to get a DQ it's better than not running at all probably.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Not exactly, still a DQ, but running under protest is far from new or unusual. I think I'd always do that, even knowing you're going to get a DQ it's better than not running at all probably.

Bah!  Get the nearest armed guard and drag them off in handcuffs, say I.  :stop:

18 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Warholm standing around with a Norwegian flag around his Swedish jersey, that is weak man. Sore loser :p 

I would be a sore loser too if I lost a race and had to wear a Swedish kit :p

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I would be a sore loser too if I lost a race and had to wear a Swedish kit :p

But come on, if you and I have a similar deal and I lose, I'd wear a Canadian jersey with my chin up and not try to hide it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 9/4/2024 at 3:32 PM, vovanA said:

Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone Will Not Be Allowed To Compete In Diamond League 200m/400m Finals

https://www.letsrun.com/news/2024/09/sydney-mclaughlin-levrone-will-not-be-allowed-to-compete-in-diamond-league-200m-400m-finals/

Aha, so THIS is what it's all about!  Brussels organisers had persuaded SLL to come to Brussels, but World Athletics insist she can't compete. So they are laying on extra races for her to do.

https://brussels.diamondleague.com/en/news/brussels/extra-races-ter-ere-van-mclaughlin-levrone/

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Aha, so THIS is what it's all about!  Brussels organisers had persuaded SLL to come to Brussels, but World Athletics insist she can't compete. So they are laying on extra races for her to do.

https://brussels.diamondleague.com/en/news/brussels/extra-races-ter-ere-van-mclaughlin-levrone/

Yeah, this hasn't exactly been a secret :d 

It's not like she isn't allowed to compete in Brussels, she just can't compete in the DL races due to ignoring the DL all year long.

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, this hasn't exactly been a secret :d 

It's not like she isn't allowed to compete in Brussels, she just can't compete in the DL races due to ignoring the DL all year long.

No word if she will put in a special appearance as Smurfette.  :mumble: