website statistics

Athletics WA Diamond League 2024

Totallympics

15 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

If this was the US relay team…..somebody would be persuaded to go down with COVID.

It is just bad timing for him. To be fair I don’t think anyone was flagging this as a miss by the selectors when they announced the team, Sam has knocked over a second off his PB and unfortunately really made many members of the selected relay squad look pedestrian. 

Still in case anyone goes down with a niggle now, he is there to be swapped in! A 4x4 team of MHS, Dobson, Reardon and Carvell would be seriously threatening to the US.

38 minutes ago, RussB said:

It is just bad timing for him. To be fair I don’t think anyone was flagging this as a miss by the selectors when they announced the team, Sam has knocked over a second off his PB and unfortunately really made many members of the selected relay squad look pedestrian. 

Still in case anyone goes down with a niggle now, he is there to be swapped in! A 4x4 team of MHS, Dobson, Reardon and Carvell would be seriously threatening to the US.

do you really believe that?

I mean, their no.4 (Norwood) yesterday went 44.1 (and they also have someone named Rai Benjamin available)

unless the US guys do something stupid in the changeovers, I don't think they're under threat by any mean

1 hour ago, phelps said:

do you really believe that?

I mean, their no.4 (Norwood) yesterday went 44.1 (and they also have someone named Rai Benjamin available)

unless the US guys do something stupid in the changeovers, I don't think they're under threat by any mean

Relative to previous Games i absolutely do. If they are in the race and can get on the shoulder then relays are not just a pure time trial, see 1991 worlds for prime example.

ps. I'd still have US as firm favs just to be clear.

Edited by RussB