website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, avlar said:

No freestyle quotas for :UKR Zero. For the first time ever. And if we obvoously miseed 2 WW quotas, our freestyle is in deep crisis for a long time. Last Olympic medal was gotten in London 2012.

We finished with 2 WW and 2 GR quotas - the worst result in history. But the next cycle will be even more difficult for the men`s side as a result of the war.

We finish with 1 qualification - which equals the worst result in the 21st century - London 2012. From Sydney 2000 in 7 editions we usually had 2 quotas: 2000, 2008, 2016, 2020 and 1 in the mentioned London 2012 + as many as 6 Q in 2004 ( 2x2x2). I don't remember what happened that we made us do so well in that qualifications but during the Olympics itself, no one even advanced to the top six. However, there were editions with only 2 competitors, when each brought home 1 medal: gold in 2008, bronze in 2016 and bronze in 2020. Quantity doesn`t always = quality, although here in Paris there will be neither one nor the other . Our young girl goes there to learn and will probably be eliminated in the first round.

Edited by copravolley

3 hours ago, avlar said:

No freestyle quotas for :UKR Zero. For the first time ever. And if we obvoously miseed 2 WW quotas, our freestyle is in deep crisis for a long time. Last Olympic medal was gotten in London 2012.

We finished with 2 WW and 2 GR quotas - the worst result in history. But the next cycle will be even more difficult for the men`s side as a result of the war.

Which style is more popular in Ukraine, GR or FS?

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

Which style is more popular in Ukraine, GR or FS?

I would say both at the same level. But I suppose we will focus on WW only in the nearest future ((

12 minutes ago, avlar said:

I would say both at the same level. But I suppose we will focus on WW only in the nearest future ((

War is taking all the best... :(

I saw many Ukranian girls wrestling for other countries. Azerbaijan, even UK. So, i agree that WW will dominate in the future. 

So. Ukrainian Wrestling Association filed an appeal.

We did not expect the result of the match of Akobia to be changed since the hand of the winner was risen by the referee.

But the 1st and 2nd cautions are the subjects for protest. 

The aim of the appeal - to fix the incorrect decisions and provide Akobia with an Olympic quota.

It is expected to be an additional quota by special decision. The same issue as for Chiamizo.

Akobia won Olympic quota for Ukraine before Tokyo - 2020 but could not go to the Games due to injury.

She missed Olympic qualifying world championship 2023 due to injury too.