website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

My congratulations to :ITA

Russo saved your day but nobody saved our one.

Our coach was to emotional, but Ukrainian wrestling community sees that 3rd coution fully correct. He should react earlier - co cautions #1 and #2 - to prevent what had happen later.

Akobia lost this Olympic quota 3 times at the last moment. That is not a coincidence, it is her problem.

But she still has a chance to get quota, I hope

5 minutes ago, avlar said:

My congratulations to :ITA

Russo saved your day but nobody saved our one.

Our coach was to emotional, but Ukrainian wrestling community sees that 3rd coution fully correct. He should react earlier - co cautions #1 and #2 - to prevent what had happen later.

Akobia lost this Olympic quota 3 times at the last moment. That is not a coincidence, it is her problem.

But she still has a chance to get quota, I hope

Thanks but our problem is serious. Russo has a lot of talent and that's why she saved herself but without a better coaching staff her talent will be wasted. When you look at the differences between the old Stadnik and Liuzzi, it's sad to see them. I think we need a good coaching staff from Eastern Europe, e.g. maybe Ukraine/Georgia? We have numerous and strong judo and boxing teams and in wrestling our girls look like children compared to their friends from Eastern and Southern Europe. Only great talents like Russo are able to break our powerlessness.

42 minutes ago, phelps said:

c'mon! she's already on another planet than Liuzzi

she did show that she can manage and play even with most of the top wrestlers in the world

Liuzzi is a joke, doesn't even have any idea of what she has to do on the mat...Today she came to this match only because of the draw

Stadnik in past time was a great, but she's old and has been losing a lot lately. Our competitor had no right to lose to her in such a way as if a little girl was fighting an adult champion. This fight is a joke and I have to watch it again:lol:

1 minute ago, Josh said:

How? This is the final Olympic Qualifier for wrestling. 

AIN quotas are not approved. A lot of russian "quota winners" did the same actions which led ICF to disqualification of Pavlov in Canoe.

UWW is loyal to russians and ignored that facts, of course. But the final decision is up to the IOC.

What is more important - Akobia for now is the only Ukrainian athlete which may get quota after possible AIN`s quotas reallocation. In all the other case diffrent countries will benefir from this. Some cases are absolutely clear, some 50/50. I would not say that the chance of Akobia is the best one, but...

11 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Thanks but our problem is serious. Russo has a lot of talent and that's why she saved herself but without a better coaching staff her talent will be wasted. When you look at the differences between the old Stadnik and Liuzzi, it's sad to see them. I think we need a good coaching staff from Eastern Europe, e.g. maybe Ukraine/Georgia? We have numerous and strong judo and boxing teams and in wrestling our girls look like children compared to their friends from Eastern and Southern Europe. Only great talents like Russo are able to break our powerlessness.

You missed Stadnik - he was picked up by Romania recently.

Now imagine what would happen if Liuzzi somehow won the OQ and put on a show like she did today in Paris in front of a large audience in our country who don't normally follow wrestling. It would be a laughing stock for the entire country:lol: