website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

11 hours ago, intoronto said:

Why did it take days to get to Bishkek?

Deepak Punia and Sujeet were training in Dagestan in first 2 weeks of April. Their flight to Bishkek was booked earlier via Dubai and they were to fly on 16th April. However, due to flood situation in Dubai they neither got flight nor any hotel to rest thus had to stay in the airport itself. Our rest of the wrestlers were in India and took a direct flight to Bishkek

27 minutes ago, sounak said:

@MHSN did you watch the matches? Do you think Aman can beat Gulomjon in the quota match?

I think he will if he survives the early storm. the North Korean would be a tougher matchup for Aman. 

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think he will if he survives the early storm. the North Korean would be a tougher matchup for Aman. 

Gulomjon defeated the North Korean

18 minutes ago, sounak said:

Gulomjon defeated the North Korean

of course. I watched the match :d my point is, Aman should be happy he is facing Abdullaev and not the North Korean. even though he would be favorite against anybody in this bracket.

The first session was a nightmare, we lost just one match but it could be easily 3. :facepalm: all 3 of them were just a shadow of themselves. obviously something went wrong in their preparations 

we knew we are weak at 57kg but that was wow. Mohammadnejad lost 14-3 to a guy from Mongolia! :yikes: that was his golden chance and he threw it away, he won't see the national team forever or at least not anytime soon. 

Emami was shaky and gave up lots of points in scrumbles. still his opponent was old and finally gassed.

but Azarpira almost lost to the Japanese-Iranian Yoshida. the final score 9-1 is completely misleading. Yoshida had the control for the entire match and Azarpira had to rely on his counter attacks. he was dead after 2-3 minutes and I don't know how he survived Yoshida.

I'm not confident at all about the afternoon matches, but they have time to recover and think about what they did in the morning.

here are the semifinals

57: :KGZ vs :MGL / :UZB vs :IND
65: :JPN vs :CHN / :KGZ vs :PRK
74: :UZB vs :KGZ / :KAZ vs :IRI
86: :KOR vs :JPN / :MGL vs :CHN

97: :KAZ vs :CHN / :MGL vs :IRI

125: :CHN vs :MGL / :BRN vs :KAZ

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

and he didn't :(:( 

Abdullaev had the perfect tactic for this match, attaching Aman with everything he has in first 2-3 minutes to finish the match early. he knew Aman will eat him alive in the 2nd period

57kg quotas go to :KGZ  and :UZB

Edited by MHSN