website statistics

Team GB at 2024 Olympic Qualifier Series Road to Paris 2024

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Yes, but for the 2 spots left over before that after continental qualifiers the 2022 worlds results would take priority over 2023. Making ARG and VEN take those spots. 

I don't think that's right CB

image.png

Looks like Thompson-Smith will miss out on a direct quota - she needed to overtake Kim and Krampl to get into the top 10 (excluding duplicates). She should overtake Kim but will finish behind Krampl. 

I think she's on track to finish in 11th place in the rankings so could be in line for the host quota reallocation. 

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

@Rafa Maciel do you know when the BMX Freestyle qualification system was changed from NOC's being allowed to qualify via 2022 and 2023 worlds as long as they didn't already have 2 athletes qualified to NOC's being allowed to qualify via 2022 and 2023 worlds as long as they didn't have any athletes qualified? 

Not sure - the previous version I had downloaded was from Jan-23. The current qualification document is dated Feb-24 but I'm not sure if there were any versions published between those dates.  

5 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Not sure - the previous version I had downloaded was from Jan-23. The current qualification document is dated Feb-24 but I'm not sure if there were any versions published between those dates.  

So basically the document was updated between the 2022 and 2023 worlds after the qualification period started? 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

So basically the document was updated between the 2022 and 2023 worlds after the qualification period started? 

Yes - first version in August '22, then revised in January '23 and then again in Febuary this year. 

Wont be confirmed until after tomorrow's final, but looks like McArthur has done enough to stay in top-10 and take Paris quota:thumbup:. Although he doesn't make it to the final, there's only a handful of lower ranked climbers who could overtake him and they would need a monster performance in the final for them to get enough points to do it. 

15 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Wont be confirmed until after tomorrow's final, but looks like McArthur has done enough to stay in top-10 and take Paris quota:thumbup:. Although he doesn't make it to the final, there's only a handful of lower ranked climbers who could overtake him and they would need a monster performance in the final for them to get enough points to do it. 

If I'm not mistaken Thompson-Smith is also qualified too as she finished ahead of Kim, Hily and one of the Italians. 

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

By my calculation, the lowest he can finsih, techncially is 11th BUT that is only if ALL three Frenchies finsih above him, and since they can only claim 2 spots max AND would cough up the Host spot, I think he;s in. Erin is of course in.

With Molly, I think the situation is very complicated, I THINK, I can be corrected.

1. All 8 finalists bar Ragora of Italy are guaranteed to pass her tomorrow - she is less than 33 points ahead of all of of them bar rogora, who could techncailly gain 33 points, rise to 75 and be one below Molly.

So Molly will finish either 12 or more likely 13 in the overall table. She needs three 'cancels' I think to be sure, 2 if Rogaro crashes and burns - lets assume she won't.

Now, France already has Betone, so has coughed up the host quota, so that's 1 spot and can only claim one more. That's 1 for 'reallocation'

japan and Slovenia will both have two inside the top 10, I think, certainly ahead of Molly. but Japan (Mori) and Slovenia (Gambret) already both have a quota, they can only take one more each, so they both cough up one. That's two for' reallocation'

I THINK that gets us to thirteen, Molly's lowest position. I think that's enough.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

If I'm not mistaken Thompson-Smith is also qualified too as she finished ahead of Kim, Hily and one of the Italians. 

I think so, she at worst 13th, but with thee guaranteed reallocations.