website statistics

Team GB medal hopes - Cycling Road to Paris 2024

16 minutes ago, RussB said:

Still surprises me that they haven’t found a spot for Zoe (she is travelling reserve). She could have doubled up and done the time trial.

Wher is Zoe mentioned as travelling reserve?

1 minute ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Wher is Zoe mentioned as travelling reserve?

On the Welsh cycling Olympic announcement, link isn’t attaching for some reason. She is listed as “reserve”*

25 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Tom Pidcock positive for Covid

Although a very mild version

Fred Wright another who withdrew from TdF with potential Covid.

Who knows, it could work in their favour if symptoms are mild - they'll lose a few days of training but at least we know they should make it to the starting line in one piece.  

29 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Tom Pidcock positive for Covid

Although a very mild version

blessing in disguise i think, i'm sure tom thinks different but i'd have been happier if he hadn't gone to the tour at all and saved himself for whats coming, as it is he's had a good training block 

On 7/5/2024 at 3:48 PM, Rafa Maciel said:

So maybe I am reading too much into the presentation of the squad announcement for the women's road cycling team but on first reading, it looks like GB may not be filling their second spot in the women's individual time trial - it's only Anna Henderson that is showing as taking part. 

So, the UCI is still showing :GBR with 2 spots in the women's time trial whereas :AUS:IRL:CZE and others are all showing as having declined time trial quotas. Assume that means GB Cycling are still to make their mind up on who will line up for the second spot.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

So, the UCI is still showing :GBR with 2 spots in the women's time trial whereas :AUS:IRL:CZE and others are all showing as having declined time trial quotas. Assume that means GB Cycling are still to make their mind up on who will line up for the second spot.

I'm still going to cling to my hope that they give it to Zoe, or is the squad fixed at the 4 named in the road race (so can only be Deignan / Georgi/ Morris)?...

Edited by RussB

On 7/13/2024 at 2:40 PM, RussB said:

I'm still going to cling to my hope that they give it to Zoe, or is the squad fixed at the 4 named in the road race (so can only be Deignan / Georgi/ Morris)?...

It just strikes me as odd naming Morris in both Road and track - thus creating, in theory, a free quota space, without at least considering sticking someone in. I'm assuming the madison team is evans and barker, and possibly barker also in the omnium.