website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Broadcasters

I am allergic to streaming services and monthly subscriptions, but during the Olympic Games I will make one exception in this maze of different streaming services trying to wring every cent of money from their customers. But now I am lost.:hairpull:

@heywoodu I wanted to take 1 month of Discovery Plus, but is that still what I have to do? Or do I need HBO Max now? If I get Discovery Plus, will it still be possible to view the Games on a website, but just not on an app, is that the only thing that changed?

Their website has like no information, just ads for their own shows.

:ESP

As always, public broadcaster TVE will broadcast the Olympics.

They are in a bit of trouble due to the massive amount of teams that we qualified (both men & women's in football, basketball, handball, waterpolo & field hockey, + women's 3x3 basketball), since they will have to try broadcasting every game of these teams, and these games tend to be long, it's not like a taekwondo combat in which one can tune in and the competition ends in the span of less than 20 minutes.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Simply based on the fact that it is just undoable. The qualifiers will be conducted in larger qualifying shooting range which are not built for TV broadcasts

Also competitors shoot in batches, so if your hero goes in the first batch it's impossible to know who has qualified until everybody else has finished, maybe hours later.

Also, is there coverage of the modern pentathlon fencing round robin?  Think that is the same deal. 

It is Monday morning! So time to check czech TB broadcast schedule at first weekend of Olympics! :d

Sunday, there is marathon all day of shooting, but yes it was not updated yet.

Saturday it seems more reasonable, but well, it will still be changed many times mostly depends on which time czech players will play. Currently there is not any tennis match but i think finally they will broadcast all czech players, So current schedule is only basic.

What they plan to broadcast seems is: focus on czech athletes (heats, matches,...) plus try to broadcast every single final (at least as relive or short version). I little wonder about TV rights, because in past, they can broadcast only once (no matter if it live or short version) but currently i see it in late evening and early morning the same.

Currently in broadcast schedule no any team sports, i am probably happy, there is no time for it in first week when they are group matches. Maybe rugby medal should be there but i think they will be.

On 6/16/2024 at 4:04 PM, CCB said:

It is Monday morning! So time to check czech TB broadcast schedule at first weekend of Olympics! :d

Sunday, there is marathon all day of shooting, but yes it was not updated yet.

Saturday it seems more reasonable, but well, it will still be changed many times mostly depends on which time czech players will play. Currently there is not any tennis match but i think finally they will broadcast all czech players, So current schedule is only basic.

What they plan to broadcast seems is: focus on czech athletes (heats, matches,...) plus try to broadcast every single final (at least as relive or short version). I little wonder about TV rights, because in past, they can broadcast only once (no matter if it live or short version) but currently i see it in late evening and early morning the same.

Currently in broadcast schedule no any team sports, i am probably happy, there is no time for it in first week when they are group matches. Maybe rugby medal should be there but i think they will be.

On 6/16/2024 at 4:04 PM, CCB said:

7 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I am allergic to streaming services and monthly subscriptions, but during the Olympic Games I will make one exception in this maze of different streaming services trying to wring every cent of money from their customers. But now I am lost.:hairpull:

@heywoodu I wanted to take 1 month of Discovery Plus, but is that still what I have to do? Or do I need HBO Max now? If I get Discovery Plus, will it still be possible to view the Games on a website, but just not on an app, is that the only thing that changed?

Their website has like no information, just ads for their own shows.

I believe it will be HBO Max instead of Discovery Plus, but don't hold me accountable if that's not true please :p I've never had Discovery Plus and have always only remained with Eurosport, so I'm not really sure.

For what it's worth, I'm counting on needing HBO Max, for now I'll stay with Eurosport for the last two weeks, but then I'll move because Eurosport will close the site. I assume one can keep using a website (and an app), hopefully with just as easy URL's as Eurosport.... (where it's basically just eurosport.nl/watch/*nameofsport*)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 7/7/2024 at 10:01 PM, Grassmarket said:

Commentary a bit less reliable for minority sports as New Zealand horse-racing commentators attempt to get to grips with canoe slalom, Australian Rugby League commentators do synchro swimming etc. 

Here in Australia our coverage is going to have a cricket commentator covering the diving 

😂😂😂 so random 

On 7/7/2024 at 3:20 PM, ChandlerMne said:

Max named football a soccer???

Now i wouldnt subscribe even if it was free. :mad:

I'm going to subscribe for Olympics. It's worth it. And I doubt it's worse than Netflix and I pay that shit every month. 

1 minute ago, nenad said:

I'm going to subscribe for Olympics. It's worth it. And I doubt it's worse than Netflix and I pay that shit every month. 

Probably is. Any service that provides whole coverage of Games with decent fee is a good option. But soccer thing is def my big turn off.

I am not interested in live coverage of bigger sports so my choice will be Eurosport. Ok, there will be RTS for Serbian teams. After games finish, i hope that Games will be available on Olympic Channel app.

Thats my plan in a nutshell.

You pay Netflix? It should be good for new stuff, dont know about rare and classic films.