website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2024

23 hours ago, Josh said:

He’s 19. 

One would hope sponsors won't touch him at least for another few years after he comes back, but you never know, there's time indeed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The following athletes are confirmed to receive their Olympic medals at Champions Park on August 9 2024 because of disqualifications due to doping:

• Sydney 2000 – Athletics, Women’s 200m
    • Bronze: Beverly McDonald (JAM)
    •  
  • Beijing 2008 – Athletics, Women’s Long Jump
    • Bronze: Chelsea Hammond-Ross (JAM)
    •  
  • London 2012 – Weightlifting, Men’s 85kg
    • Bronze: Tarek Yehia Fouad Abdelazim (EGY)
    •  
  • London 2012 – Athletics, Men’s High Jump
    • Gold: Erik Kynard (USA)
    • Silver: Derek Drouin (CAN)
    •  
  • London 2012 – Weightlifting, Men’s +105kg
    • Bronze: Sang-Guen Jeon (KOR)
    •  
  • London 2012 – Athletics, Women’s 1500m
    • Bronze: Abeba Aregawi (ETH)
    •  
  • London 2012 – Athletics, Women's 400m Hurdles
    • Gold: Lashinda Demus (USA)
    • Silver: Zuzana Hejnova (CZE)
    • Bronze: Kaliese Spencer (JAM)

27 minutes ago, Dragon said:

The following athletes are confirmed to receive their Olympic medals at Champions Park on August 9 2024 because of disqualifications due to doping:

• London 2012 – Athletics, Men’s High Jump
    • Gold: Erik Kynard (USA)
    • Silver: Derek Drouin (CAN)
    •  

I'm happy to see Erik Kynard on this list.  In the past, he had expressed some negative feelings about being upgraded. I'm glad to see he will finally accept the gold. Then I wonder why Barshim is not listed as getting silver.  I've wanted to see the new 2012 Olympic gold medalist on the podium with the 2016 and 2020 gold medalists joining him.

8 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

I'm happy to see Erik Kynard on this list.  In the past, he had expressed some negative feelings about being upgraded. I'm glad to see he will finally accept the gold. Then I wonder why Barshim is not listed as getting silver.  I've wanted to see the new 2012 Olympic gold medalist on the podium with the 2016 and 2020 gold medalists joining him.

It's possible that Barshim has already received his silver somewhere else (I haven't checked).

I know Robbie Grabarz received his (there was a 3 way tie for bronze originally) in Birmingham in 2022.

15 hours ago, Dragon said:

London 2012 – Athletics, Women’s 1500m

• Bronze: Abeba Aregawi (ETH)

Well that's interesting :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well that's interesting :p 

As I understand it she partially won an appeal on this (on moral culpability, I think), but never came back to the sport.

16 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Can do - suspension of the NF amd/or fine and/or loss of participation rights

Given that one of the positives is a whereabouts, they might just squeeze through with a big fine, but they shouldn't.