website statistics

Boxing IOC Olympic Qualifier 1 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:KOR the biggest team with boxers in all 13 events, then :GRE:POL:UKR each with 12.

Obviously some countries already qualified boxers so that's why they have less, but still interesting to see us with so many. I'm sure most of them have no chance but it's a promising sign that we are at least trying to give young boxers more experience.

I am sad that Pita isn't here, she was so close to qualifying for Tokyo and she was only 22 so I thought she'd have more chances, but now it seems like she stopped competing after that OQT where it came down to the last round :cry:

If Italy did not have any live stream or live results on YT organised by Italian federation, Italy should not even been responsible for organizing boxing tournament on any level. Big shame for organisation. What year we have ? How to make boxing in OG family, with this kind of thing. Maybe it is a possibility to change some results like before in Boxing by judges. Nobody will see this.

14 minutes ago, Adriano said:

If Italy did not have any live stream or live results on YT organised by Italian federation, Italy should not even been responsible for organizing boxing tournament on any level. Big shame for organisation. What year we have ? How to make boxing in OG family, with this kind of thing. Maybe it is a possibility to change some results like before in Boxing by judges. Nobody will see this.

Absolutely - absence of liivestream is a clear way to manipulate with the results.

Quataion from the head of Ukrainian Boxing Federation after the European Games:

I think the IBA had a hand in this refereeing, given the facts, but the IOC didn't understand it at the time, because it was the first time they had a licensed boxing tournament without the IBA. After the semi-final matches, I personally met with the representative responsible for boxing at the IOC and said that some Ukrainian and boxers from other countries were simply condemned unfairly. He replied that he understands these mistakes and already disqualified 8 judges, apologized for such a situation, because this was the first experience and everything will change for the better in the future. I saw that he really admits his mistakes in organizing a competition of this level

5 minutes ago, avlar said:

Absolutely - absence of liivestream is a clear way to manipulate with the results.

Quataion from the head of Ukrainian Boxing Federation after the European Games:

I think the IBA had a hand in this refereeing, given the facts, but the IOC didn't understand it at the time, because it was the first time they had a licensed boxing tournament without the IBA. After the semi-final matches, I personally met with the representative responsible for boxing at the IOC and said that some Ukrainian and boxers from other countries were simply condemned unfairly. He replied that he understands these mistakes and already disqualified 8 judges, apologized for such a situation, because this was the first experience and everything will change for the better in the future. I saw that he really admits his mistakes in organizing a competition of this level

And now without seeing this robberry some judgments could be sensational also. I am curious which one from this 8

52 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

:KOR the biggest team with boxers in all 13 events, then :GRE:POL:UKR each with 12.

Obviously some countries already qualified boxers so that's why they have less, but still interesting to see us with so many. I'm sure most of them have no chance but it's a promising sign that we are at least trying to give young boxers more experience.

I am sad that Pita isn't here, she was so close to qualifying for Tokyo and she was only 22 so I thought she'd have more chances, but now it seems like she stopped competing after that OQT where it came down to the last round :cry:

:UKR has a great boxing tradition but after the success of 2012 new generations failed to to stay on the top. We have brought back to the office the head coach of that famous team from 2012 recently. But he had no time to bring fundamental changes.

At the same time we could have representation in all 13 events like :KOR. The reason is clear - judges are affiliated with AIBA, and AIBA is affiliated with russia.

I hope the IOC tried to do something with this. But I doubt if it was possible at all.

Because of these 2 reasons I do not expect a lot of licenses for us.

P.S. The only license was gotten in this way by our only Tokyo medalist. 

Spoiler

f0ba6eb5-4027-4de6-81e3-65659046f5e3.webp