website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Nations Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

The reports are showing :GER as DSQ so pretty sure that their second rider crossed the line before the first rider had completed their lap. Have a feeling the same thing happened to GB at the London Olympics in 2012.

Not sure but :GER were in last place by a long way at the 125m (half lap) timing.

Maybe it's a problem at the start?

Edited by Dragon

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Canada likely to fail to make it through to round 1 so at least at this event, Poland will outscore them.

Canada is probably winner of the continental, virtually we need more than 200 points from both world cups. 

Edited by Adriano

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

Not sure but :GER were in last place by a long way at the 125m (half lap) timing.

Many it's a problem at the start?

If it was a technical issue they would have been entitled to restart. If it was rider error then they wouldn't get restart and I would have thought they would have still ridden through the full distance because with their quality, they probably could still have done enough to get into top 8. 

It's bloody annoying not having any video or text commentary to see what the hell is going on 

3 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

If it was a technical issue they would have been entitled to restart. If it was rider error then they wouldn't get restart and I would have thought they would have still ridden through the full distance because with their quality, they probably could still have done enough to get into top 8. 

It's bloody annoying not having any video or text commentary to see what the hell is going on 

The live timing briefly showed them as 19 seconds after 125m which is what a good team would take to cover 250m.

It's all very strange

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Looks like Poland are up against Japan in the 1st round - that's a winnable match up for Poland if they can show the form that they had in the Europeans. 

Japan recently is really strong. I think start of the race was bad this time.

Edited by Adriano

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Disappointing run for :IRL women pursuit team after their great performance at Europeans. They finish 3.444 seconds behind :USA in their 1st round match-up. 

The same names? I think this team is  safe for olympic direct quota.

Edited by Adriano