6th   :HUN HUNGARY
7th   :CHN CHINA
8th   :GER GERMANY
9th   :CAN CANADA
10th :POL POLAND
11th :BRA BRAZIL
12th :JPN JAPAN
13th :COL COLOMBIA

Yesterday it was an extraordinary and at the same time extremely sad day for the entire Italian Sport world...

The final words "The End" came down over the career the best Italian female athlete of all times...we'll miss you, Valentina! and good luck for the rest of your life...

unfortunately, a very focused Russian team spoiled the party...but, frankly, who cares? (this time, only)

p.s. I hope the 2 refs of yesterday's final bout won't be at the Olympics (and if they will be there, at least I hope they won't get to ref any very important bout...it's not a question of one side or another...they just can't do it :facepalm::wall:)...

Edited by phelps

wow, from losing to Vietnam in Asian Championship quarterfinal few days ago to beating USA in World Championship quarterfinal today :yikes: that will be unbelievable if they finish on podium but even 4th place is a historical result for them.

Men's Team Sabre World Championships 2016

Quarterfinals Results

(1) :USA United States - (9) :IRI Iran  40 - 45
(5) :HUN Hungary - (4) :GER Germany  45 - 43
(3) :RUS Russia - (6) :KOR South Korea  45 - 41
(7) :ROU Romania - (2) :ITA Italy  45 - 43

Semifinals Draw

(9) :IRI Iran - (5) :HUN Hungary
(3) :RUS Russia - (7) :ROU Romania

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

wow, from losing to Vietnam in Asian Championship quarterfinal few days ago to beating USA in World Championship quarterfinal today :yikes: that will be unbelievable if they finish on podium but even 4th place is a historical result for them.

well, I really think that Iran today have a big, big chance to make the podium...HUN and ROU both have a great no.1 athlete, but the other players are not so strong...

only RUS seem to be better than the rest...the remaining 2 places on the podium are really up for grabs...

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, I really think that Iran today have a big, big chance to make the podium...HUN and ROU both have a great no.1 athlete, but the other players are not so strong...

only RUS seem to be better than the rest...the remaining 2 places on the podium are really up for grabs...

well they just lost to Hungary :( , the score was 31-30 or something then turned to 44-30 !! probably only Iran is capable of losing so many back to back poins in a world championship semifinal. our 3rd guy Baher put Iran in trouble and then both Pakdaman and Abedini were terrible in their last matches. maybe that was too much to ask, Iran is not in that level to be in a world championship final.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Cogne (ITA) has prevailed over Ulricehamn (SWE) and will replace the World Cup in Nove Mesto (CZE). This means that a total of 10 World Cup races are planned in Italy next season.  
    • What's worse there is that it took insanely long for anyone to even go there and try to help her....like, nothing happened, at all. She was crying out in pain in the pouring rain and nobody came to help, that was awful. And then someone finally went there....and just picked up her bike to move it away. Come on.
    • Pointsbet Invitational on this week!    Already a few upsets in the round of 16 with Team McDonald defeating Team Dunstone (not the biggest of the surprises, he took Team Carruthers the distance at the provincial playdowns), Team Asselin defeating Team Carruthers, and perhaps the biggest one Team MacNutt defeating Team Einarson (I will also add that Birchard suffered a knee injury recently and is taking some time off, so Walker is coming in as a replacement)
    • top athletes are still paid well enough to keep them in the country. that also means that they degrade and wouldn't be good enough for any other country
    • Thanks for reporting it! I have installed a new feature where the content of ignored users is "more" ignored than before, meaning it also does not appear in the post feed block. But something is wrong now and it "too" ignored, ignoring the whole threads where ignored users have posted Anyway no worries, no content has been deleted and hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    • @Sindo May apologies for using a wrong thread for it, but lots of threads give me this screen when I try to open them:     That is including the announcements thread and the problems/suggestions thread, where I originally wanted to post this of course, but yeah...the post thing is gone there     There seems to be some error with loading posts somehow. On the front page, this thread here for example is reported as having at least one post today, but the most recent one I see is from a week ago. Something going on?
    • Good morning everyone! Of course I would not let Brazil out of this fun tradition 🤪 so it is for sure a valid reason to find some extra time between trainings and work for.   Well, here is Brazil's choice for this years Contest. I hope that despite of giving it some points or not, you enjoy the message of the lyrics     Perfeitamente imperfeito (Hateen)   Coragem aos que tem valor Que nunca pensam em se entregar Coragem pra poder continuar E não existe nada que você Não seja forte o bastante pra vencer Por que você sabe que nunca está sozinho E eu também já vivi assim Perdido e procurando o fim Só pra fazer toda essa dor passar Mas na vida tudo o que aprendi É que a gente chora, mas também sorri E tudo sempre vai acabar bem Basta acreditar Que todos os seus dias Vão melhorar com o tempo Que todos os seu temores, Erros, faltas e defeitos Fazem de você perfeitamente imperfeito É assim que deve ser E é assim que eu vou seguir, em frente Se lembra quando você Não conseguia entender? E o seu ódio era o seu melhor amigo? Mas o tempo que você passou Gritando com o mundo inteiro ao seu redor Nunca te fez sentir um pouco melhor São coisas que a gente aprende com o tempo A dar valor a todos os momentos E da tristeza a gente faz sorrir Agora entendo e já parece tão certo Estou feliz e já me sinto completo Por que tenho a certeza De que não acabo aqui Basta acreditar Que todos os seus dias Vão melhorar com o tempo Que todos os seus temores Erros, faltas e defeitos Fazem de você perfeitamente imperfeito É assim que deve ser É assim que eu vou seguir Fazem de você perfeitamente imperfeito Fazem de você perfeitamente imperfeito Fazem de você perfeitamente imperfeito Se lembra quando você Não conseguia entender?
    • Hezbollah didn't kill any civilian while Satanyahu already killed 2000 Lebanese , so who is terrorist ya head of eggs ?    everything is reversed by western  Media , they make you beleive the opposit cause you are stupid 
    • Portugal   (WC title holder and European champions) lost 1-2 with   (4th in 2021; lost SF at penalties with Portugal)