website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2024

Josh

Posted (edited)

Well it all comes down to this. :CAN v. :NED for the final Olympic quota. 

Netherlands will almost definitely get a big boost in their rankings after the Serbia match (they’re sending a youth squad as expected, as the main athletes in contention for Olympic roster spots are in Serbia training) so Canada’s matches against Italy and Japan are INCREDIBLY important. 

@CCB @Jinzha Good luck, and may the better team (Netherlands) win ;)

Edited by Josh

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well it all comes down to this. :CAN v. :NED for the final Olympic quota. 

Netherlands will almost definitely get a big boost in their rankings after the Serbia match (they’re sending a youth squad as expected, as the main athletes in contention for Olympic roster spots are in Serbia training) so Canada’s matches against Italy and Japan are INCREDIBLY important. 

@CCB @Jinzha Good luck, and may the better team (Netherlands) win ;)

Good luck to you too! May it be an exciting and fair competition all week!

3 hours ago, Josh said:

:hairpull:

My biggest wish for Olympic qualification. Of course it won’t happen :cry:

Ugh…

It definitely isn't over yet!

I expect we will also lose 3-0 to :USA later this week.

Assuming we both beat the easier opponents :KOR and :FRA 3-0, then it's basically all about the matches :NED - :SRB , :JPN - :CAN and the big one :CAN - :NED .

5 hours ago, Jinzha said:

It definitely isn't over yet!

I expect we will also lose 3-0 to :USA later this week.

Assuming we both beat the easier opponents :KOR and :FRA 3-0, then it's basically all about the matches :NED - :SRB , :JPN - :CAN and the big one :CAN - :NED .

:NED will sweep :SRB (maybe in 4 if everything goes our way)

:CAN isn’t beating :JPN with the way they’ve been playing the last two weeks. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Swimmer Teresa Perales' 28th Paralympic medal made the front page in Marca, the main sports newspaper in Spain.    
    • Finally something went bad for as they are DQ from 2nd place in women's 4x100 relay. and are promoted as won gold.
    • Angelina Topic is the only one over 1.91m and wins gold medal in the HJ. She needed three attempts to go over 1.89 though but avoided the upset.
    • Absolutely horrendous last change from in women's 4x100 relay final. They had a big lead but the last runner went off waaay too fast
    • We defended ourselves here with 2 medals + assuming Furlani's start, there would probably be 3 of them, including 1 gold, but our performance for me is definitely a minus. A large Italian team went, and most of the competitors are out of shape and doing poorly. The result in the points classification will also be much weaker than in 2022. This is probably our first start at the youth and junior level in several years, where we did so poorly. I don't recognize most of our team and they shouldn't start here in such form. 
    • I wonder what she's planning? Mass starts? I'm afraid that if she wants to combine short track with long track in 2026, she'll be left with nothing. The worst thing is that she would have the best chance in the mixed relay in short track, and by not training with the rest of the team, she significantly reduces her chances of participating in this relay.
    • Ukraine won first ever medal in women's lead - and it's a silver for Kazbekova, who finally won a medal from EuCh
    • Also just noticed no  in the C1-5 team Sprint :    2x Defending world champs. Mistake? https://www.paralympic.org/en/paris-2024-paralympics/results/para-cycling-track/open-c1-5-750m-team-sprint/qual000100--
    • Why? Not, i really mean that. Pity they are not teaching obeying the rules their football players. It was...a pillow. Used only for medical reasons. Do i have to accept any situation? Did they care? Oh i won't about them. About pils, we have our own songs🙂. Hey doctor, can i get a pil for a pain of existing😉. Sorry, for me this is disgusting and not only for me. My girlfriend, not much into this, just in general. When she read about this...well...i won't citate her. So the freedom nowadays means that every shit can happen, harsh decisions, but harsh comments are forbidden? No, brazilians should take many pils before taking this call. And they had lots of time to withdraw it. Did they care? Why should i? C'mon, this is paralympics, being human would be nice. I won't change my view about this. Chily pily? For you this was chily pily? Retoric question. Maybe u tell it to Róża, we will see how tough you are. Should she get even more injured? This is the goal? Great! I can't find words for stupidity of this. That's it from me. You can have other opinions. I can have mine. 
    • Sorry ts just a bit odd particularly managing to get 4th in a four person race and more than one DNF.      At least tomorrow the team will surely win a gold with Hannah Cockcroft or Kare Adenegan if she has a mishap.