website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

I'm hoping Ireland will finish in top3 in Saturday :d

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

:CRO Croatia building a very good lead in the odds today. :thumbup: For 10 days they were at 18-24% and a huge jump today before the first 1/2. 

:SUI Swiss and :UKR Ukraine on the other hand dropping a lot. 

image.png

10 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm hoping Ireland will finish in top3 in Saturday :d

:IRL Ireland should consider it a huge success, if they get top 10. Top 5 is wishful thinking for me. :d

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

:IRL Ireland should consider it a huge success, if they get top 10. Top 5 is wishful thinking for me. :d

In this competition, only the winner counts for me. There are no silver and bronze medals here. For me this competition has long lost its magic and shine.

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

In this competition, only the winner counts for me. There are no silver and bronze medals here. For me this competition has long lost its magic and shine.

Oh, absolutely the bolded part. The politics, blatant favoritism, rigging, Bjorkman, Sweden and the general tampering more and more with the live singing has devalued the contest.

Though for your first part, in the last 10 years, the silver and bronze medals are actually the real winners. Only Duncan Laurence and Maneskin (50-50 on Loreen last year) were deserving imo.

39 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

:CRO Croatia building a very good lead in the odds today. :thumbup: 

I generally enjoy songs like his, but for reason it hasnt grown on me at all. Maybe I'll warm up to it during the live shows this week.

:SUI staging seems to be worrying people, which might be why Nemo has dropped a bit in the odds.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted (edited)

Watched the leaks. Ireland has the best staging, it's one of the most memorable ESC acts ever. Not sure if that's enough to win the contest because the song is quite strange, but who knows... 

Ukraine also has a very good staging, if the televoters are still on their side, I wouldn't be that shocked if they win again.

Croatia is fun, but I don't really get why they are the heavy favorites. I can't see it getting as many televotes as Finland last year, and I have doubts about the jury votes as well. 

Edited by Vektor

In terms of today's semifinal, there's not a lot of songs high my personal list. Of course, a good performance can always elevate a song for me.

:POR:UKR are probably the songs that fit my personal taste best, but both entires aren't as high on my list as past entries from the same countries.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted (edited)

Yay, Petra is back! :cheer:

Edited by Olympian1010