website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just pull an Armenia, Poland or Turkey and spread across every country for those sweet diaspora votes :d 

Surprisingly, didn't help out Poland too much this time.

Though, happy for Armenian qualification, it was a breath of fresh air in the second semi-final. 

5 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I was thinking that if Croatia wins, maybe some of those Balkan countries would come back next year

Hungary at the very least doesn't want to be in eurovision because they consider it ''too gay'' now,i think several others agree even if they would word it diffrently.

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Though, happy for Armenian qualification, it was a breath of fresh air in the second semi-final. 

Oh I definitely liked Armenia :d 

Not sure it was necessarily 'good', but it was definitely nice and I was very glad they made it :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

One of the things that used to annoy me about GBR presentation was the complete naive dimwittery about "voting for neighbours" when it was usually a diaspora vote. They used to get annoyed at the lack of votes from Ireland while Ireland did well out fo them, assuming it was 'lack of neighbourliness', when in fact it was simply that Northern Ireland nationalists could vote for the country they were loyal to, Ireland.

I'm chatting on Instagram with someone from the Lithuanian delegation, it's massive hysteria over there.

I feel bad for Sweden and especially for the hosts, that will have to handle so many messes live.

Microphones won't be muted fast enough and camera shots won't be panned out quick enough.

Many alike will probably protest in some way and what the presenters will say during the jury votes could be unpredictable as well.

They're already using cheering tracks during the Israeli performance, so that the boos are somewhat covered up, but tonight is going to be a massive tall on the showrunners that have been doing their absolute best to deliver for us. 

Sad how quickly we forget that it's supposed to be about music, where we can forget all the shit going down in the world for at least one night. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I mean, regardless of what everyone or anyone thinks.... Eurovision never got so much press, this is really good for the competition... A little bit of scandals, drama and controversy never killed a reality TV :lol:

Just now, Werloc said:

and what the presenters will say during the jury votes could be unpredictable as well.

Yeah. I highly doubt Nikkie de Jager will present the Dutch votes with a nice cheery "it's been so great to watch the show!" and stuff like that :p