website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

For a second I thought this comment was written by OlympicsFan or Pavlo, but i'm shocked to see it's from you....

Well what I am trying to say is this is a reason to not go to countries like this. Do I support the Olympics being in Brazil? Absolutely.

6 minutos atrás, Bohemia disse:

I didn't think the crowd would boo him again (I mean, it's the podium, and the Brazilian won gold so they should be happy), but they did, shame on them :thumbdown::thumbdown: I wanted to cry. Renaud :cry:

The crowd was obviously booing him because of the (understandable, but controversial) comments he made after the event yesterday, but one time was more than damaging, didn't expect this today.

Juste maintenant , vinipereira a déclaré:

The crowd was obviously booing him because of the (understandable, but controversial) comments he made after the event yesterday, but one time was more than damaging, didn't expect this today.

Yeah his comment was quite disrespectful (even though he apologized quickly after) because of the emotion he was feeling a few minutes after his loss, but still, as you said, two times is too much

Just now, intoronto said:

2.29 won bronze in London in the high jump, 10 men have made that height here :yikes:

To be fair, 2.29m being enough for bronze is truly, what we call on the Dutch forums, a "flop show" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 10 minutos, intoronto said:

Well what I am trying to say is this is a reason to not go to countries like this. Do I support the Olympics being in Brazil? Absolutely.

I found the whole incident disrespectful too, but to say that it is a reason to not give them the olympics is too much... Also I have a problem with the outdated concept of "third world", especially when applied to Brazil, as if their were the same as Rwanda or Somalia...

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

I found the whole incident disrespectful too, but to say that it is a reason to not give them the olympics is too much... Also I have a problem with the outdated concept of "third world", especially when applied to Brazil, as if their were the same as Rwanda or Somalia...

I am talking about in an overall sense. The IOC would have known about the booing etc. from the Pan Am Games. This is a good reason coupled with others that should give the IOC some pause before awarding a country the Olympics. 

When I say third world, I refer to those outside the 'traditional' hosts the IOC has gone to.