website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Ireland isn't a tripartite nation, but it could potentially get a reallocation spot. Based on 2012 reallocations Ireland would have a borderline to okay shot.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll get one anyway.... better to have some representation :yes

With only a week remaining before ISSF closes the deadline, are there any updates on the exchange of quota places among the NOCs, apart from China, India, Slovakia, and Australia? ISSF didn't even update the list of quota places on their website since the last qualifying tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wildcards

:AND Esther Barrugues (women's 10 m air rifle)

:ANG João Paulo de Silva (men's trap)

:BHU Kunzang Lechen (women's 10 m air rifle)

:BOL Rudolf Knijnenburg (men's 10 m air pistol & men's 50 m pistol)*

:BIH Tatjana Đekanović (women's 10 m air rifle)

:MKD Nina Balaban (women's 10 m air rifle)

:OMA Wadha Al-Balushi (women's 10 m air pistol & women's 25 m pistol)*

:PAN David Muñoz (men's 10 m air pistol & men's 50 m pistol)

:PAR Paulo Reichardt (men's double trap)

*pending confirmation (NOC must choose one of the two shooters to compete in Rio).

Edited by MantaRaymarc
added PAN and PAR

On 16/5/2016 at 09:03, MantaRaymarc said:

Wildcards

:AND Esther Barrugues (women's 10 m air rifle)

:ANG João Paulo de Silva (men's trap)

:BHU Kunzang Lechen (women's 10 m air rifle)

:BOL Rudolf Knijnenburg (men's 10 m air pistol & men's 50 m pistol)*

:BIH Tatjana Đekanović (women's 10 m air rifle)

:MKD Nina Balaban (women's 10 m air rifle)

:OMA Wadha Al-Balushi (women's 10 m air pistol & women's 25 m pistol)*

:PAN David Muñoz (men's 10 m air pistol & men's 50 m pistol)

:PAR Paulo Reichardt (men's double trap)

*pending confirmation (NOC must choose one of the two shooters to compete in Rio).

I congratulate all the athletes who have received wildcards!!! But when will be result for Republic of Moldova. I very wait answer and I hope,that they get me one beautiful chance to participate to the Olympic Games/.....I have MQS (women's 10 m air rifle) .... I believe I hope and I wait :cry:

13 minutes ago, RaileanuEcaterina said:

I congratulate all the athletes who have received wildcards!!! But when will be result for Republic of Moldova. I very wait answer and I hope,that they get me one beautiful chance to participate to the Olympic Games/.....I have MQS (women's 10 m air rifle) .... I believe I hope and I wait :cry:

If I'm not mistaken, Moldova is not a nation that can receive these wildcards, because they had too many athletes at the previous Olympics. I'm guessing that means for 2020 you'll have to qualify 100% based on the qualifying criteria for winning a quota..

On the good side, welcome to Totallympics :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If I'm not mistaken, Moldova is not a nation that can receive these wildcards, because they had too many athletes at the previous Olympics. I'm guessing that means for 2020 you'll have to qualify 100% based on the qualifying criteria for winning a quota..

On the good side, welcome to Totallympics :) 

They can still receive a reallocated quota (which can go to any unqualified nation in shooting).

#banbestmen