website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Damaged knee ligaments. End of the season for Petra Vlhová

btw, I forgot. Adam Žampa also knee injury and end of season...

yep a nice home race day to remember

adam-zampa-4.jpeg.webp

Edited by hckošice

30 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Unbelievable that both the M&F National №1s get season enders at their home race.  :nopompom:

the word devastating cannot adequately express the magnitude of the state and current feelings/situation

I personally feel so empty right now, so sad and devastated, I can hardly imagine how must feel Petra right now, it was the weekend she marked in her calendar and the whole country was waiting for so much...

nah, seriously, fuck it sometimes, the life is really a bitch...

Hadn't really gotten around to the women's event yet, but now I did and damn :cry: Rarely seen such a massive disappointment for such a much anticipating home crowd...of all places to get injured :( 

Hopefully (and judging by their overall enthusiasm I'm definitely hopeful) the fans will come and cheer on all the other skiers tomorrow anyway, and Vlhova will be fully back to fighting strength next winter.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I see some good crowd for the slalom.

Yeah, Vlhova may not be there today, the fans most certainly are, and only real fans come out even when the hero isn't there :d 

Great job for Jasna, looking forward to the crazy scenes at Vlhova's comeback next year :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Mauro Pini said yesterday that Petra "was devastated but immediatelly thinking ahead for the next winter. She is one extremelly strong girl, both physically and especially mentally !"

and I do agree with this.

Petra send last night in her instagram a promise to all her fans

I would like to thank all my fans, partners, family and friends for the incredible support and I promise that I will do everything to come back even stronger as soon as possible

Edited by hckošice

FIS women´s section director expressed great enthusiasm and great satisfaction with this weekend and claim the World Cup will certainly return to Jasná soon and envisage to make Slovakia as regular venue of the World Cup.

"We are extremely satisfied. Everything here was good, from the preparation of the track, which is excellent, we have excellent conditions, we have equally good conditions on the competition and training hill. Very good indeed. But I also want to mention the overall organization or logistics. The audience here is fantastic both days. Overall, a really positive assessment."

and yep the atmosphere is amazing even despite the national hero being in the hospital. People still came and cheer to every skier. It is a weird country with weird people but it is also a great country with great people as we saw already in this morning Slalom 1st run :yes

image.png

image.png

It's no different than ski jumping in Poland for the past 25 years. Obviously FIS is always hard pressed to elevate locations "east of Oder" but even they must realize the winter sports face an uphill challenge for exposure in the global media world these days so they should put an emphasis on locations where fans actually show up. At least nobody is talking about doing alpine skiing in Saudi Arabia just yet :p

Edited by Monzanator