website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Craziest ending to a game you will ever see. Very sad and a lot of our fans feel robbed by referees this tournament (both with the men's and women's teams, I barely watched so I can't comment). However our girls did really well and I think this looks good for Paris, I believe we are capable of winning a medal, we played well the games we lost and even USA has shown they are not unbeatable despite winning gold.

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

CONFIRMED Canada has qualified

What a week for Canadian women's teams

Congrats to our Canadian friends! It's great to have a competitive team like Canada going to Paris instead of South Africa (in my opinion, it's better for the sport). Although of course now that Greece finally qualified again, South Africa decides to decline the quota. Why couldn't they do that for Tokyo when we were the first alternates? :p

7 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Honestly I am happier to finish 4th with actual Greek girls than win a medal with the United Nations team ;)

You act as if Hungary bought a team! Three players were not born in Hungary. Two (Parkes and Rybanska) came to Hungary as juniors. Mathieu is the only one who arrived as a national team member! So they should compete for New Zealand, Slovakia or France? True! But you are wrong if you think the Hungarian team would be much less competitive! Or you don't know anything about the Hungarian water polo!

Following your logic: South Africa got the quota! Why are you happy for Canada?

35 minutes ago, lapaj said:

You act as if Hungary bought a team! Three players were not born in Hungary. Two (Parkes and Rybanska) came to Hungary as juniors. Mathieu is the only one who arrived as a national team member! So they should compete for New Zealand, Slovakia or France? True! But you are wrong if you think the Hungarian team would be much less competitive! Or you don't know anything about the Hungarian water polo!

Following your logic: South Africa got the quota! Why are you happy for Canada?

If I am not wrong Rybanská competed for Slovakia´s seniors NT ? or at least I think that I heard it somewhere, but I can be wrong obviously. :p

However, I am perfectly fine that she play for :HUN, she is of hungarian minority and playing for Slovakia would be so cruel and unfair for her considering her quality and talent. She would never win anything with Slovakia, while she always fights for medals with Hungary. Just like Štefan (István) Gergely was among men, mainly he was the guy who qualified Slovakia for Sydney 2000 and despite his fantastic efforts as goalkeeper he could not help us to finish higher than last 12th there, when he moved to Hungary he won the next 2 golds in Athens & Beijing :d

So, personally in team sports I do not see it as something terrible if a player which has some high standard level to kill his/her career playing for his origin country which is piss poor in that sport and instead let him/her move to another country much more stronger in that sport + if he/she has roots and origin in the other country it is rather necessary and obligatory to let such athlete move and have chances to fully express his/her talent

Edited by hckošice

40 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

for the Olympic podium! I would like a European treble

Not sure that’s going to happen, United States will almost definitely disrupt that. 

26 minutes ago, hckošice said:

If I am not wrong Rybanská competed for Slovakia´s seniors NT ? or at least I think that I heard it somewhere, but I can be wrong obviously. :p

However, I am perfectly fine that she play for :HUN, she is of hungarian minority and playing for Slovakia would be so cruel and unfair for her considering her quality and talent. She would never win anything with Slovakia, while she always fights for medals with Hungary. Just like Štefan (István) Gergely was among men, mainly he was the guy who qualified Slovakia for Sydney 2000 and despite his fantastic efforts as goalkeeper he could not help us to finish higher than last 12th there, when he moved to Hungary he won the next 2 golds in Athens & Beijing :d

So, personally in team sports I do not see it as something terrible if a player which has some high standard level to kill his/her career playing for his origin country which is piss poor in that sport and instead let him/her move to another country much more stronger in that sport + if he/she has roots and origin in the other country it is rather necessary and obligatory to let such athlete move and have chances to fully express his/her talent

When Rybanska was 18 (2018) she competed for the Hungarian Junior team! And from that year she is the member  of the Hungarian NT. She plays in Hungary from 2016. Until 2015 she surely played for the Slovak Junior team! So I do not know too! :)

So Does Rybanska have Hungarian roots? You are surprised me!

Edited by lapaj

29 minutes ago, lapaj said:

When Rybanska was 18 (2018) she competed for the Hungarian Junior team! And from that year she is the member  of the Hungarian NT. She plays in Hungary from 2016. Until 2015 she surely played for the Slovak Junior team! So I do not know too! :)

So Does Rybanska have Hungarian roots? You are surprised me!

Well quarter of Slovakia have some Hungarian roots so I do not see how is that surprising :p

Yep, you right it was the Slovak U17 team (not the seniors team) at the European Games in Baku, After that tournament she switched to :HUN