website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

I also hope this is not a pre-shock, because if it is, California is fucked.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I also hope this is not a pre-shock, because if it is, California is fucked.

The USGS doesn’t seem to think so...There’s obviously chance (stopped typing to feel and aftershock), but I wouldn’t say that it’s high based off what our experts (some of the best in the world) have said. The bigger scandal is that our early detection system picked it up, but didn’t warn people in time (though there hasn’t been any major injuries reported). All in all the opinion is that it was slightly scary, but also really cool to be a part of.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's funny until your town is not on those maps anymore...

This place is literally labeled as hell in Urban Dictionary. This piece of crap (that I love very much for some reason) will always be here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It’s just after 4AM here. Why am I up? That would be the work of the 4.9 aftershock that just rumbled the area again. This one actually felt much more powerful than the 6.4 from yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s just after 4AM here. Why am I up? That would be the work of the 4.9 aftershock that just rumbled the area again. This one actually felt much more powerful than the 6.4 from yesterday.

That was a 5.4 aftershock, but it appears to more widespread then the 6.4, so it may have closer to the surface or whatever. I’m freaked out though

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

So the waves are higher , good for surfing 

It’s not close enough to the coast to create any “good” waves. It made my bed shake hella hard though.