website statistics

Ice Hockey Discussion | Qualification to Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026 Road to Milano-Cortina 2026

Totallympics

On 8/23/2024 at 1:24 PM, Josh said:

GREAT news! :yes

All of the matches for the Olympic Qualifier will be live-streamed on IIHF YouTube, free of charge!

https://youtube.com/@iihf?si=8z-RCFsnSOCqWmQy

For all non-competing countries at least, pretty sure it won’t be streamed for all, some probably have rights to their matches or the whole event through various broadcasters and streaming services. 

Iesim Latvija !! :LAT (Šilovs & Bługers in particular) :cheer:

i am a crazy enough nut that i will watch all 18 games !  This is great news... Months ago i watched all 18 in round two when Turkey and Taipei were in it.  So if i did it then i sure will now.

Only 3 days away from starting to determine 3 more qualifiers for 2026... Plus lets remember a provisional 4th qualifier The best 2nd place finisher will actually stay alive till next May when they make a decision on Russia

Edited by stockblock

Montreal Canadiens forward Juraj Slafkovský became the Slovak hockey player of 2024 last night. It is already the 2nd time he won this title after 2022.

He won the annual award during last night special gala at the Bratislava Castle. In addition to the main award, he also won two more categories - for the best Frorward and the best under 20 years Slovak player of the Year.

20240826hokejistaroka-1067891.jpg.webp

Martin Pospíšil the Calgary Flames forward ended 2nd and Libor Hudáček from Czech Třinec 3rd.

In other categories Washington Capitals blue-liner Martin Fehérváry won the Best Defencemen Award and Samuel Hlavaj from AHL´s Iowa Wild was picked as Slovak goalie of the Year.

The Czech coach of HK Nitra Antonín Stavjaňa won the Coach of the Year award and Peter Stano the Referee of the Year.

Interesting enough, was the result of the Female Player of the Year where Lucia Halušková from Hungarian HK Budapest won the trophy beating also the super star Nela Lopušanová.

20240826hokejistaroka-6067902.jpg.webp

In the :SVK hockey hall of Fame category. This time it was 2000 world champion and former excellent NHL defencer Ľubomír Višňovský to be inducted.

I see some rosters already showing up on elite prospects:

:AUT Austria

image.png

:FRA France

image.png

:NOR Norway

image.png

Kazakhstan and Slovenia are showing rosters of 24 players so not sure if they're complete yet.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Topicmaster1010