website statistics

Summer World University Games 2021 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Don't have enough time to follow this closely, as it is a packed summer already. I had a glance at the first results today and is the whole thing going to unfold as a mini-Asian games :d Don't know, if this being in China is a factor and what kind of teams the other Continents are sending. In general, it appears that the Universiades have lost their importance in the big sporting calendar compared to the 10 years ago, let alone 20-30 years ago.

I don't know about the 2nd part but yeah Asian nations are sending bigger contingents being nearby. Our squad in 2019 was almost half and if such games happen in Americas maybe still smaller squad of 50-60 maybe sent. 

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Don't have enough time to follow this closely, as it is a packed summer already. I had a glance at the first results today and is the whole thing going to unfold as a mini-Asian games :d Don't know, if this being in China is a factor and what kind of teams the other Continents are sending. In general, it appears that the Universiades have lost their importance in the big sporting calendar compared to the 10 years ago, let alone 20-30 years ago.

In European Athletics there is definitely more emphasis on the annual U-20s (next week) & U-23s (couple of weeks ago).  Maybe also in rowing, canoeing etc.

Wushu is basically unwatchable because of the slowdown/speed-up thing FISU.TV is doing. What a shame. I want to watch stuff, but I might as well just follow the results if this is the quality and of the coverage. Hopefully the replays are better (if they get published).

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Double 4th for Yun :KOR :(

:CHN with yet another gold in wushu. :MAC with a nice silver, but he was a little over scored in my opinion (which shouldn’t matter that much as I know almost nothing about wushu).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Ni :USA bags a wushu medal (silver). I wasn’t sure the United States would get a medal. We have some athletes with a good level, but obviously the sport is very unknown in the US.

Olympic channel 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Wushu is basically unwatchable because of the slowdown/speed-up thing FISU.TV is doing. What a shame. I want to watch stuff, but I might as well just follow the results if this is the quality and of the coverage. Hopefully the replays are better (if they get published).

No such problems in Olympic channel which showed Wushu

17 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Olympic channel 

No such problems in Olympic channel which showed Wushu

It seems to play a bit better in the app too.