website statistics

Summer World University Games 2021 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Diving entries are down from the past few editions. My guess is that has to do with the proximity to the world championships, along with the withdrawals of a few big diving nations.

10m synchro events with only 3 or 4 entries :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Diving entries are down from the past few editions. My guess is that has to do with the proximity to the world championships, along with the withdrawals of a few big diving nations.

10m synchro events with only 3 or 4 entries :(

Plus the futility of going up against :CHN in :CHN.

But you’re right. Take away :GBR :CAN :MEX and you’re really down to scraps in the synchro events.

Edited by Grassmarket

FISU has total participation around 6,500 athletes for these Games. It would be the smallest attendance since 1999. However, it is worth contextualizing that number with the double postponement, shaky trust (internationally) in the domestic health situation, and general global financial situation. 

Edit: I believe this may also be the lowest number of nations in attendance since 1997.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:CHN takes the first gold medal of the Games in wushu. Big shock :p

:HKG with the silver, and :IRI with the bronze @MHSN

:PHI with a leg injury. I always wondered how common those were in wushu. What a horrible time for it to happen :(

:HUN continuing their growing tradition of success in the team events, but less noteworthy results in the individual shooting events :p 

The new graphics just don’t quite do it for me. They aren’t a crisp as the old version.