website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

As long as there's not 100+ cases yet in India or (big cities in) Africa, it'll be fine :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

As long as there's not 100+ cases yet in India or (big cities in) Africa, it'll be fine :p

Depends where in India and Africa. Some of the bigger cities would have means of preventing a full blown outbreak.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Depends where in India and Africa. Some of the bigger cities would have means of preventing a full blown outbreak.

They might have the means, but terrible hygiene will make it a lot harder...

I have not much doubt a city like Wuhan has better financial and technological means of containing it and that ain't going very well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They might have the means, but terrible hygiene will make it a lot harder...

I have not much doubt a city like Wuhan has better financial and technological means of containing it and that ain't going very well.

I wouldn’t actually say so. I don’t quite understand your terrible hygiene claims for some of these places. It’s not perfect, but saying all these places are bad, and blaming the people there seems a bit harsh. 

Wuhan is just as bad as many of those places. It’s still very much a developing area. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wouldn’t actually say so. I don’t quite understand your terrible hygiene claims for some of these places. It’s not perfect, but saying all these places are bad, and blaming the people there seems a bit harsh. 

Wuhan is just as bad as many of those places. It’s still very much a developing area. 

I'm only saying what boatloads of travellers who've been there say after seeing stuff, it's not without reason a lot of people mention certain parts of the world when asked about the least clean places they've been. Not blaming the people at all, I know it's harder to have good hygienic conditions in poorer regions for example. 

Instead of blaming them, I'm worried for them. I'm much less worried about some cases here and there in more developed countries, simply because it'll be harder to spread around and because medical care is (generally speaking) most likely better.

One of the evacuated people to Belgium tested positive, now we're surrounded and he was in the plane with a Dutch group too :hairpull:

Apparently some Thai doctor created a concoction of HIV antiviral with flu drug which made one of the patient "showed dramatic improvement"

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/thailand-sees-apparent-success-treating-virus-with-drug-cocktail/articleshow/73879572.cms?from=mdr

and the plane has arrived from Wuhan :lol:

the army police , medical stuff , special bus ...were waiting them , thee most dangerous people in the world are back :lol:

this  airport  will welcome the TAISC delegations :lol:

Edited by bestmen

Those in the Netherlands, who were on a plane with a Belgian who has now tested positive, were welcomed by health people dressed in completely normal clothing and everything and were sent home after a quick check to stay in quarantaine at home :p 

The only two citizens of the Slovak Republic, who were in Wuhan, were transferred to Slovakia yesterday after their Czech plane landed with 5 Czech citizens 2 days ago in Prague. (yeah we ask often a help here and there from our big brothers :p

befunky-collage-15-1090x610.jpg

Both are currently in quarantine in Banská Bystrica hospital special department of infectology. Within 48 hours the results of their tests will be known, but so far both looks to be in good condition and show no signs of acute respiratory disease