website statistics

Team Canada at the Paris Summer Olympic Games 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

Posted (edited)

Felix Auger-Aliassime (men’s singles), Leylah Fernandez (women’s singles), Bianca Andresscu (women’s singles), and Gaby Dabrowski (women’s doubles) have officially qualified for Paris through the Olympic Rankings!

Shapo won’t be at the Olympics yet again due to his knee :(

Edited by Josh

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Felix Auger-Aliassime (men’s singles), Leylah Fernandez (women’s singles), Bianca Andresscu (women’s singles), and Gaby Dabrowski (women’s doubles) have officially qualified for Paris through the Olympic Rankings!

Shapo won’t be at the Olympics yet again due to his knee :(

Hopefully Leylah and Dabrowski ream up and might be a dark horse for a medal

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Hopefully Leylah and Dabrowski ream up and might be a dark horse for a medal

Exactly and without shapo, Felix will only be playing two events instead of three so it will lighten his load 

Posted (edited)

Felix Dolci and Rene Cournoyer secure their spots on the Canadian Olympic squad for men’s artistic gymnastics through the Canadian Championships, as the top two all-around finishers. 

Edited by Josh

On 5/24/2024 at 10:52 AM, Josh said:

Ana Laura Portuondo Isasi has officially qualified for Paris in judo (women’s +78kg) with a team invitational quota through the Olympic Rankings!

First time in history that Canada will be present in the Olympic mixed team event!

Edit: Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Calculations were wrong :cry:

So, another update on this. Looks like she’ll qualify after all. :yes

Also, Kelly Deguchi has officially qualified for Paris. Would’ve preferred Frascadore, but it is what it is :dunno:

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Also, Kelly Deguchi has officially qualified for Paris. Would’ve preferred Frascadore, but it is what it is :dunno:

So that means Canada will take part in the team event? I don't always have the time to watch all of judo, but the team event was fun to watch in Tokyo. 

Just now, orangeman said:

So that means Canada will take part in the team event? I don't always have the time to watch all of judo, but the team event was fun to watch in Tokyo. 

Yes, that’s correct. Only judo I’ll be watching is if any Canadians make the medal matches. Otherwise I’m prioritizing other sports. 

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yes, that’s correct. Only judo I’ll be watching is if any Canadians make the medal matches. Otherwise I’m prioritizing other sports. 

Great news. Yes, that's usually how I do it with the combat sports. Now with Canada with so many chances in swimming/athletics (and even gymnastics) it'll be a busy two weeks. Add in all the other Canadian chances and sports I just enjoy watching. And my job is cruelly making me go back to work during the Olympics. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Is there a source?