website statistics

Best Sports Moments of The (Correct) Decade From 2010-2019

Olympian1010

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not in my awesome decade we.gif

Yes those events took place in 2007-2016 too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

No it wouldn't. 

The overall accepted method:

The decade called the nineties consists of the years 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999. That's ten years. So is the decade 2007-2016.

Yep, but that that translates from a point in time. We can relate to decades in past, present & future.

Obviously nobody can say 1989 was a part of the 90s decade.

1990-1999 is 10 years = a decade.

It feels like people need to go back to 2nd grade again.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, I have no idea where you got it in your mind that I think otherwise because I entirely agree on that (as far as 'agreeing' is a thing when it's about actual facts). The 2010's started in 2010, the 21st century started in 2001.

You lost my support there. Clearly a century also starts 1900, 2000, 2100.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

You lost my support there. Clearly a century also starts 1900, 2000, 2100.

Jesus Christ. It's like talking to someone who says "This is a group of five red birds, really!".

"But it's not, look! It's no opinion, it's a fact that it's not a group of five red birds!"

"Nope, it is. Five red birds, clear as day."

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Too bad half the 10's were basically wasted due to World War I :( 

Yeah real bummer of a century. I thought the Christmas Eve of 14 was rather nice though. 

Well since that’s the decade we’re doing now, I think George Patton’s performance in Stockholm is worthy of recognition.

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Way too many honestly. I’m all about indigenous peoples day :yes. By definition Columbus was both an idiot and genius.

In 500 years time people will fly to Mars in 10 hours or something and people who lived in the 21st century will be deemed idiots too. I've learned to accept it :evil:

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yep, but that that translates from a point in time. We can relate to decades in past, present & future.

Obviously nobody can say 1989 was a part of the 90s decade.

1990-1999 is 10 years = a decade.

It feels like people need to go back to 2nd grade again.

So they can learn how to number years properly...

I can't wait for the "Best Sports Moments of the Century" thread to be opened in December 2099. Oh the discussion.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!