website statistics

Table Tennis at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

24 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

:MON Monaco in the 1/2 and close to get a medal with their Chinese player.

She’s got an interesting story actually. I spoke with her and her coach(?) in Malta. The interview wasn’t great, so I didn’t publish anything. Of course, she doesn’t speak English, so some stuff was probably lost in translation (she speaks French and Chinese).

She originally moved to Nice and played for a club there. I think was 5+ years before the idea to play internationally started to gain ground. She loosely represented France (I believe), but there was some sort of problem with the federation. It was eventually proposed she play for Monaco by a club member (who was from Monaco?). They accepted her on to the team, and have been working on the nationality requirements for the last few years. 

I didn’t spend a lot of time around her, but she seemed very nice. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yang :MON and Szocs :ROU heading into a seventh game to decide the gold medal :popcorn:

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela