website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games Paris 2024

Josh

5 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

What a fantastic day for Brazil at the Paralympics, with several records:

• Most gold medals won at a Paralympic Games ever.
  • Most total medals won at a Paralympic Games ever.
  • Most golds and total medals won in a single day at a Paralympic Games ever.

All this on our Independence Day :BRA.

Congratulations :d 

:NED is having it's most succesful Paralympics in terms of medals I'd say as well. There were more in 1988 and a lot more in 1984, but I wouldn't count those as 'more succesfull', considering there were a ridiculous amount of classes and categories to win medals in (literally hundreds more than now).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Third consecutive marathon title incoming for the phenomenal Marcel Hug :bowdown: 

Nobody even comes anywhere near him.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, Josh said:

:IRI Gharibshari with a new PR of 247 kgs!

Literally the last day of the Paralympics and it still took me like 10 minutes to understand this was a Paralympic record and not a 'personal record' :d (which I know is PB in English, but in Dutch is always abbreviated as PR and it just got too stuck in my mind :p)

I mean, I've been seeing 'PR' (as in, Paralympic record) a billion times this week in swimming and athletics, one would think I'd have learned by now.

Edited by heywoodu

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Literally the last day of the Paralympics and it still took me like 10 minutes to understand this was a Paralympic record and not a 'personal record' :d (which I know is PB in English, but in Dutch is always abbreviated as PR and it just got too stuck in my mind :p)

I mean, I've been seeing 'PR' (as in, Paralympic record) a billion times this week in swimming and athletics, one would think I'd have learned by now.

It took me about 60 years to understand what "seconds out" means in boxing.  :facepalm: