website statistics

Archery WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

First gold ever in any recurve event on the women's side for Germany. Also first gold in any recurve event since 1987 for Germany. Too bad that the Netherlands "messed it up", otherwise we could have had the first all-european podium since 1955.

Great job by "our" french coach. I hereby declare that no german federation is allowed to hire german coaches anymore ...

In all seriousness: I wish the german swimming/athletics federation would get some (remotely) top class foreign coaches. I also wonder how every country in the world seems to do better in fencing than former powerhouse Germany. I (with all due respect) don't see how countries like Egypt, Hungary or Estonia keep performing better (given their talent pool/economic strength/tradition).

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

This was the most likely scenario, but no less sad. Netherlands in 4th place. And they probably won't qualify for the Olympics anymore, because there are so many other, better countries. The Dutch archers rose above themselves on Tuesday, but are still empty-handed. Very sad that WA made such a mistake in communication, but the rules are rules, that's how it is.

Hopefully we can qualify one archer at the men's side on Sunday!

3 minutes ago, CCB said:

This was the most likely scenario, but no less sad. Netherlands in 4th place. And they probably won't qualify for the Olympics anymore, because there are so many other, better countries. The Dutch archers rose above themselves on Tuesday, but are still empty-handed. Very sad that WA made such a mistake in communication, but the rules are rules, that's how it is.

Hopefully we can qualify one archer at the men's side on Sunday!

I rather would have a double 6-0 over a defeat with the smallest margin in the set twice, with a total of three arrows just on the line. The only other real chance will be the universal olympic qualifier (I don't see them hold off both GB and Italy at the continental), but some luck is necessary there. At least there is one more spot there :cry: