website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I can't wait for when you're old, federations start messing with the events you like and people go 'they improved it!'. And no, I'm not going to buy the "but I will be different, I will live with these changes and enjoy them! :)" young people so often seem to think :p 

There’s different between “I don’t think this change is the right direction, but I’m willing to give it a chance”, and “Run for the damn hills! They ruined are sport and they’ll come for yours next!”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Pretty much the entire top of the world of ski jumping goes to Japan without a problem though. The issue is not 'leaving Europe', the bigger issue is the USA doesn't have it's things in order. 

Yep, Steamboat Springs is dead and Iron Mountain hasn't done any improvements since 1996. It's a miracle it hasn't ended like Harrachov yet.

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And will that be an actual biathlon weapon, or the by then 'improved' biathlon weapon of choice...AKA a laser rifle? :evil: 

Hey, don’t take subtle swipes at my boy @Vojthas like that. Laser rifles can hit targets just the same, and their eco-friendly. (Disclaimer: I’m not in favor of switching to laser rifles, I just see the argument for it)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And no, get those mass start 60's out of the IBU Cup, thank you. And take the pursuits with you out of the IBU Cup. Sprints and individuals as much as possible there, since it's a qualifying level and one can't qualify through pursuits or mass start 60's or supersprint 85's or whatnot.

They cannot remove pursuits and such, because you needn't forget that IBU cup is not only a qualification competition, but it is also the gateway for younger, less experienced athletes from larger nations such as Norway, Germany, France etc. that would be sent off to the World Cup level, get a 35th place in the sprint and would have 0 pursuit competition experience compared to athletes that have long been on the tour.

For example, Lithuanians ALWAYS go backwards in every single pursuit that they participate. Why? Mostly because we never qualify to them, so pacing problems, shooting problems, all of that really can be seen in a technical race such as the pursuit. And most especially that's the only HEAD to HEAD practice if you can't qualify to the mass start and in relays, the second leg from smaller nations is usually already out of it, so you're on the shooting range with two other people at best.

Another point is that you can't overcrowd IBU cup with individuals either, because athletes from smaller nations would just die on the course. People lose 7 minutes in the sprint, seeing yourself 22 minutes behind in 104th place would not really inspire you to compete further. 

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And no, get those mass start 60's out of the IBU Cup, thank you. And take the pursuits with you out of the IBU Cup. Sprints and individuals as much as possible there, since it's a qualifying level and one can't qualify through pursuits or mass start 60's or supersprint 85's or whatnot.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the Mass Start 60.

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You're fighting another political war. I'm OUT.

Go insult someone else. You have insulted me enough already with the "Poles are racist pricks" comments so I should have known better.

Now you're calling me a crying litte bitch. Geez, just how evil are you?

You've ruined the thread about the best winter sport there is.

You’re the one of made it personal to begin with. Don’t dish what you can’t take. 

Also, your recent elections didn’t really prove me wrong...

Never called you “a crying little bitch”, I stereotyped it to generation like you did mine. 

At least we agree that Biathlon is the best winter sport :p

11 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Honestly, I just imagined that after I proposed this idea, the other Totallympics members would rally behind me with:

"You'll have my staff"

"And my bow"

"And MY AXE" 

Totallympians Assemble

the avengers GIF 

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’re the one of made it personal to begin with. Don’t dish what you can’t take. 

Also, your recent elections didn’t really prove me wrong...

Never called you “a crying little bitch”, I stereotyped it to generation like you did mine. 

At least we agree that Biathlon is the best winter sport :p

Please go insult someone else. PLEASE!!!! :coffee:

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's what they've been doing with the so-called 'short individual'. They should now also have the balls to say "Nope, that didn't actually change anything, so let's forget that."

Yep, total agreement there. Good to be back on the same side buddy :yes