website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

hckošice

20 minutes ago, hckošice said:

the "Lake Placid 80 version 2.0" :USA college team  lead 2-1 after period 1.

Meyers made it 2-1 at time 18:44

If I were king, I’d make it Squaw Valley 60 2.0,  From a strictly sporting standpoint I think that’s an even greater upset.  There was an article today pointing out that USA hasn’t beaten Canada in Olympics with non-NHL players since 1960.

7 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

If I were king, I’d make it Squaw Valley 60 2.0,  From a strictly sporting standpoint I think that’s an even greater upset.  There was an article today pointing out that USA hasn’t beaten Canada in Olympics with non-NHL players since 1960.

Absolutely. "The Forgotten miracle" was probably biggest upset than the 1980, but the Lake Placid one was sold more to the general audience.

Better 2nd half of the period 2 from Canada. How much and quickly can change the "mojo" in hockey was shown right here, Shorthanded :CAN goal during Eric Staal penalty and Canada suddenly was the better team on the ice.

3-2 USA afer 2 periods

:USA won the North-American derby. They need now just a point from the match against Germany (pending GER beat China in Regulation Time) to win the group A and move directly to the quarterfinals.

Canada in trouble to receive the bye in round of 16. If SWE-FIN will not end in regulation Time, someone will be very unlucky to get Canada in his Last 16 match...