website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:LAT joins the medal table. Unfortunately Akmens ran out of steam after leading 80% of that race :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

28 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Shooting is one of those sports that's lucky it got in during the early days of the Olympics. It definitely would not be added as a new sport today.

In discussions about esports being in the Olympics I've used shooting as an example of a sport that's less physical being in the Olympics. In fact, esports and shooting have a lot of common, they are both precision sports that focus on twitch muscles. Funny enough, there is always someone that tries and argue the physicality of shooting and throws in "but tradition" for good measure.

Anyone lobbying for e-sports to be included in the Olympics should be ashamed of themselves..

Also, if you think, that standing straight for 40 minutes and keeping your body in perfect concentration and precision without flinching is less physical, then sitting on a chair and chopping the keyborad...

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

:MDA sadly not yet. :GEO instead won first medal

Oh, cool. More incorrect graphics :wacko:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

28 nations won medals so far

20 still remains empty-handed. 

Pitty we was close to win a medal as well but our Karateka lost to ITA and UKR in the pool 1:2 and 2:3... coaches really angry especially for the video refs during the match against the Italian, no idea what happened I did not see the bout, I completely forgot about it and noticed I have the stream prepared only after I heard the screams from the video in the other tab and her bout was already over :d

Edited by hckošice

14 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Anyone lobbying for e-sports to be included in the Olympics should be ashamed of themselves..

Also, if you think, that standing straight for 40 minutes and keeping your body in perfect concentration and precision without flinching is less physical, then sitting on a chair and chopping the keyborad...

I mean, both shooting and esports seem fairly nonphysical, so it doesn't matter which requires more activity. Esports will never be part of the Games, but that's only because you need a software for it to run a competition and that software (LoL, CS) is privately owned. Like how motorsports will never be at the Games, even if they are more popular than most Olympic sports. You can bet that both esports and motorsports would be at SOG if there would be some solution to include them. IOC aren't that out of touch, they see how esports is ten times more popular among Gen Z than the Olympic Games. 

Shooting is just not a watchable sport and on top of that nobody cares about it. Even pentathlon has the novelty of seeing people perform well in various activities and seeing that on the screen or at the stadium. Shooting is literally just watching numbers appear on a screen. 

Edited by Vektor