website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t really see what looks odd or weird about mixed boats in canoe sprint. I would be interested to hear from athletes how the dynamics differ or match the gendered events.

canoe is a sport where strenght plays a decisive role.

how can you match a man and a woman's strenght to have a perfectly balanced stroke?

it's impossible. therefore this kind of event shouldn't exist, it's not like those competitions where the result of a mixed event is basically the addition of separated performances by men and women (even when they happen in the same race, like in biathlon or swimming).

ARTISTIC SWIMMING

Mixed Duet
Final Results

:ESP Spain

Dennis Gonzalez Boneu

Mireia Hernandez I Luna

:ITA Italy

Giorgio Minisini

Lucrezia Ruggiero

:GBR Great Britain
Beatrice Crass
Ranjuo Tomblin

Full Final Result HERE

There might be more people at 3x3 basketball than there was some days at athletics :d

:POL gets a popular bronze medal in the men’s event

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

canoe is a sport where strenght plays a decisive role.

how can you match a man and a woman's strenght to have a perfectly balanced stroke?

No, I understand that aspect. However, that’s why I think the event has an interesting dynamic. It definitely shouldn’t replace any of the gendered events, but if multi-sport games organizers want to included those boats as additional events (with no extra quotas needed), then I don’t really have a problem with it. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:LTU wins gold in the women’s 3x3

Coach doing is best to wound national pride with his dance moves :p

Okay, what’s the deal with the horn blare at the start of competitions. I swear I heard that same noise in Europe when I was over there…

Edited by Olympian1010