website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023

Totallympics

@thepharoah Kooba advances to the semifinals where they will play either :JPN or :ITA.

I am shocked Kooba made it here. From their pre-tournament exhibitions and first two Pool Play performances, I firmly believed there was no way they would make it out of a group with :NED and :TPE. Clearly, they have found something that works and it had led to three straight wins. And as @Topicmaster1010 said, Kooba will have a huge home fanbase in Miami rather than if they played :JPN in Tokyo.

3 hours ago, owenp_23 said:

@thepharoah Kooba advances to the semifinals where they will play either :JPN or :ITA.

I am shocked Kooba made it here. From their pre-tournament exhibitions and first two Pool Play performances, I firmly believed there was no way they would make it out of a group with :NED and :TPE. Clearly, they have found something that works and it had led to three straight wins. And as @Topicmaster1010 said, Kooba will have a huge home fanbase in Miami rather than if they played :JPN in Tokyo.

Cuba will face the winner of one of the quarterfinals played by the groups C and D, not JPN.

p.s. the Miami Cuban crowd is made of anti-Castro expats...they will never support the National team.

if they play USA, DOM, PUR, VEN or MEX, the stadium will be completely against them.

Tournament is over for :ISR. They drop the final game to :VEN 1-5.

:ISR did not perform to the level of the competition in the toughest group (besides :NCA win which qualifies them for 2026)

Tough to see because of their crazy run in the previous edition.