website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

7 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Well, the good news for diving is that Abel wasn't as good as she can be today and still finished 3rd by a large margin.  If she's clean tomorrow a medal will be attainable, maybe gold if the Chinese screw up.  Also, Ware makes the final as well.  

When she was on she was on. This is going to be interesting tomorrow. 

And fantastic for the Team Pursuit, they didn't look on until today's race. I think they knew all along they were probably in it for the bronze, but it was surprise for all of us. 

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

When she was on she was on. This is going to be interesting tomorrow. 

And fantastic for the Team Pursuit, they didn't look on until today's race. I think they knew all along they were probably in it for the bronze, but it was surprise for all of us. 

Yeah, GB performed much better here than they have recently (like, the last 4 years) and the Americans have been very good this year, too.  So they probably saved themselves for this race.  They also got lucky with the Aussies sucking in the first round and giving the Kiwis the place in the bronze race.  Well, idk if 'lucky' is the right word since the Aussies didn't look good here at all.  

Edited by orangeman

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

Yeah, GB performed much better here than they have recently (like, the last 4 years) and the Americans have been very good this year, too.  So they probably saved themselves for this race.  They also got lucky with the Aussies sucking in the first round and giving the Kiwis the place in the bronze race.  Well, idk if 'lucky' is the right word since the Aussies didn't look good here at all.  

I hate the hypothetical scenarios, but I think we would have certainly beat Australia too.

7 hours ago, orangeman said:

Yeah, pretty much.  If Brianne can finish ahead of KJT and Jones in javelin she'll be in a good position for bronze because her 800m is very strong and you can get a lot of points there.  Thiam and Ennis-Hill would both basically have to not get a mark in javelin for her to get the gold.  Another worry is Schafer in 6th, just behind Brianne.  But her 800m is much weaker.  

And Brianne sets a personal best in the Javelin beating those two. Fingers crossed for something special here!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Half of those things, if not more, are simply stories though. One may believe them or not, fine, but those aren't really reasons to claim a land. That way anyone can claim it if they have some old story that says so, and we end up in exactly the same situation. 
    • But actually we can, going back to the crusades, to the Jewish exile from the land of Israel.    To Moses who walked the sinai desert for 40 years to get into israel.   To all the stories in the Bible about israel.  And even Jesus who was born a jew in Bethlehem and lived in Nazareth.  All places you can see to date.   The only way you would argue that there is no historic proof that israel is out land is if you are simply and atheist and dont believe anything in the Bible.   
    • And before the Turkish empire it was another. And before that yet another. And yet another. And yet another. Always a good illustration of the never-ending killing of each other in especially that region. "The god in my stories is better, so we need to kill you and everyone around you" often being a central theme.     In short, nobody 'deserves' to be there (or anywhere in the world, for that matter) and definitely nobody right now can genuinely claim the land on historical grounds or anything (which apparently people often do), unless they're a proven descendant of the first cavemen and hunter-gatherers and such coming from Africa tens of thousands of years ago.
    • Btw.  You should know that palestine is a made up country.   It never existed in history.  Before israel was awarded the land it was the British empire.  And before that the Turkish empire.    And you can google to see who was there before the turks.  But it was never palestine.   The people are Jordanian that Yasser Arafat took from Jordan because the king was killing them.   So if you're looking for a home, I would go to Jordan.   And Gaza was taken from Egypt in 1967.   Yet when sinai was given back, they never wanted Gaza.  I WONDER WHY!   so keep talking about a made up country that doesn't actually exist   Can wait to see your well thought and coherent response
    • It was.  Lately is just tears of people who hate that we kill all their idols like Sinwar and Nasrallah.    It's surprisingly nutritious 
    • Algeria is third world.  Unless you lied about that as well and you don't actually live there.  Though I dont know why would someone pretend they live in that forgotten hell hole
    • You are speaking like an imbecile in a forum in online, its not your grocery store or mosque in your third world village.   We have an identity.   I wouldn't expect you to know it.  But I'm happy to see you be miserable since we are killing each terrorist one by one. Just big red marks on the year book.    Keep going.  It's a boring time on an olympic games forum.   It's very amusing.    
    • I don't think dropping a bomb in the center of London would be beneficial to their position on the stage of global sports, but hey, who knows  
    • Not typical a sport news, but worth to mention. Konrad Bukowiecki and Natalia Kaczmarek did married today. From now officialy Natalia will change her surname to Bukowiecka, she will not follow her team mates and will not have double surname     
    • Hurricane helene is coming , let's hide behind Nitraria  Only smart one will understand what i mean