website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

4 minutes ago, Canada4thewin said:

I agree this is getting ridiculous.  The great Michael Phelps.  Is the USA paying the other networks to talk about him lol 

Nothing really against him either.  But the obsession with him on the CBC is a bit much.  Even if they were just talking about his races (while completely ignoring everyone else), that's fine I guess.  But here's Phelps looking at someone!  Here's Phelps stepping up to the platform!  Here's Phelps warming up!  Here's Phelps blowing snot out his nose!  Here's Phelps blinking!  Like holy crap, enough.  It's a bit gross at this point.  I wouldn't even like it if he was Canadian (but at least then it would make sense).  And it's not even like he's new.  We know Michael Phelps.  We know where he's from.  We know he got a DUI.  We know what his mom looks like.  We've heard all these stories before.  Let's talk about, oh I don't know, the guys in second and third, just for a minute or two.  

25 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Nothing really against him either.  But the obsession with him on the CBC is a bit much.  Even if they were just talking about his races (while completely ignoring everyone else), that's fine I guess.  But here's Phelps looking at someone!  Here's Phelps stepping up to the platform!  Here's Phelps warming up!  Here's Phelps blowing snot out his nose!  Here's Phelps blinking!  Like holy crap, enough.  It's a bit gross at this point.  I wouldn't even like it if he was Canadian (but at least then it would make sense).  And it's not even like he's new.  We know Michael Phelps.  We know where he's from.  We know he got a DUI.  We know what his mom looks like.  We've heard all these stories before.  Let's talk about, oh I don't know, the guys in second and third, just for a minute or two.  

LMAO!

Day 5 of Canadian Action (All times are local, 1 hr ahead of Eastern, 4 hrs ahead of Pacific)

8:30am - Tara Whitten, Karol-Ann Canuel - Women's Time Trial

9:00am - Lindsay Jennerich/Patricia Obee - Women's Lightweight Double Sculls A/B Semifinal 2

9:35am - Eleanor Harvey vs. :ALG Anissa Khelfaoui - Women's Foil Round of 32

9:40am - Will Crothers/Tim Schrijver/Conlin McCabe/Kai Langerfeld - Men's Four A/B Semifinal 2

9:50am - Canada - Women's Eight Repechage

10:00am - Megan Lane, Belinda Trussell - Dressage Individual Grand Prix Day 1

10:10am - Julien Bahain/Robert Gibson/Will Dean/Pascal Lussier - Men's Quadruple Sculls B Final

11am - Eleanor Harvey vs. :ITA Arianna Errigo - Women's Foil Round of 16

11:16am - Hugo Houle - Men's Time Trial

Unsure - Kelita Zupancic vs. :GEO Esther Stam - Judo Women's -70kg Round of 16

12:00pm - Eleanor Harvey vs. :TUN Ines Boubakri - Women's Foil Quarterfinals

12:15pm - Georcy Thiffeault-Picard vs. :TPE Tan Ya-Ting - Women's Archery Round of 64

Unsure - Kelita Zupancic vs. :JPN Haruka Tachimoto - Judo Women's -70kg Quarterfinals

1:05pm - Tom Ramshaw - Men's Finn Race 3

1:05pm - Lee Parkhill - Men's Laser Race 5

1:05pm - Graeme Saunders/Jacob Saunders - Men's 470 Race 1

1:05pm - Luke Ramsay/Nikola Girke - Nacra 17 Race 1

1:14pm - Chantal Van Landghem, Penny Oleksiak - Women's 100m Freestyle Heat 5

1:15pm - Brenda Bowskill - Women's Laser Radial Race 5

Unsure - Joseph Polossifakis vs. :BLR Aliaksandr Buikevich - Men's Sabre Round of 32

1:57pm - Martha McCabe - Women's 200m Breaststroke Heat 3

2:02pm - Kierra Smith - Women's 200m Breaststroke Heat 4

Unsure - Luke Ramsay/Nikola Girke - Nacra 17 Race 2

Unsure - Tom Ramshaw - Men's Finn Race 4

Unsure - Lee Parkhill - Men's Laser Race 6

Unsure - Graeme Saunders/Jacob Saunders - Men's 470 Race 2

2:31pm - Canada - Women's 4x200m Freestyle Relay Heat 1

Unsure - Brenda Bowskill - Women's Laser Radial Race 6

Unsure - Luke Ramsay/Nikola Girke - Nacra 17 Race 3

3:30pm - Marie-Eve Beauchemin-Nadeau - Weightlifting Women's -69kg Group A

3:30pm - Kelita Zupancic vs. :AUT Bernadette Graf - Judo Women's -70kg Repechage

3rd on Court 2 - Daniel Nestor/Vasek Pospisil vs. :ESP Marc Lopez/Rafael Nadal - Tennis Men's Doubles Semifinals

4:31pm - Crispin Duenas vs. :ITA Marco Galiazzo - Men's Archery Round of 64

5:10pm - Crispin Duenas vs. :USA Zach Garrett - Men's Archery Round of 32

5:45pm - Canada vs. :SEN Senegal - Women's Basketball Group B

10:12pm - Penny Oleksiak, Chantal Van Landeghem - Women's 100m Freestyle Semifinals

11:03pm - Santo Condorelli - Men's 100m Freestyle Final

11:11pm - Kierra Smith - Women's 200m Breaststroke Semifinals

11:55pm - Canada - Women's 4x200m Freestyle Relay Final

11:59pm - Josh Binstock/Sam Schachter vs. :AUT Clemens Doppler/Alexander Horst - Men's Beach Volleyball Pool A

For any further rounds or finals that Canada makes it through to i'll edit in

Edited by juddy96

il y a 10 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Wake up, turn on CBC, immediately hear Ron McLean say, "We'll check in with you in a minute for the Michael Phelps story!"  

SERIOUSLY?  Seek professional help.  

I turned off the TV.  They don't have anything to show This morning because of the rowing postponed event again.

i will watch later.  When the heats for the swimming Will start.  

I am bored of all this The great Michael Phelps talk.

Enough 

14 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Wake up, turn on CBC, immediately hear Ron McLean say, "We'll check in with you in a minute for the Michael Phelps story!"  

SERIOUSLY?  Seek professional help.  

Tomorrow they have decided to show a Michael Phelps documentary on all Olympic channels instead of the volleyball game.

(jk)

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Tomorrow they have decided to show a Michael Phelps documentary on all Olympic channels instead of the volleyball game.

(jk)

I mean, okay fine.  They guy is a great swimmer.  But he also happened to be born with the perfect form for it, into a family that could afford to let him swim, in the country with the best swimming program, in an event that awards multiple medals for basically the same thing, with teammates that could get relay golds without him.  There are much better stories out there than, "Rich white guy wins multiple medals for rich country, again".  These are the Olympics, guys.  There's dozens of great stories being made every day.  

il y a 55 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

I mean, okay fine.  They guy is a great swimmer.  But he also happened to be born with the perfect form for it, into a family that could afford to let him swim, in the country with the best swimming program, in an event that awards multiple medals for basically the same thing, with teammates that could get relay golds without him.  There are much better stories out there than, "Rich white guy wins multiple medals for rich country, again".  These are the Olympics, guys.  There's dozens of great stories being made every day.  

Amazing post.

So true.  I am watching Clara Hugues on TV right now.  She is a real champion in my eyes, because i don't think that Phelps would have been able to won medals in cycling or speed skating.  Just saying.