website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

24 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

as far as i know, the list is not done per discipline but overall per fina points, that means you could have 10 invitation in one discipline and none in other. but i am not sure if it is like that

It will be per discipline like in 2012.

#banbestmen

Great news that Maric is in. Finally some luck.

Loncarek and Muzaric are out. Ana Simic was disappointing, too. I was hoping she could have an outside chance for a medal at the Olympics, but it doesn't look good.

Our Basketball team would now have to beat Greece to reach the final (probably against Italy). Its not over yet but I don't think this team has it in them.

Calic is in the final. He won against the venezuelan guy 3-0. Now the final against Ecuador who was in the final in Baku

Go Marko :clap:

ECH Trap

Silver for Josip Glasnovic, 7th Cernogoraz, 13th Kancelar

And GOLD for the team

Marko Čalić lost in final so this big misery continues... So unfair that heavy categories in boxing have much fewer quotas.

And it looks like even Ana Radić might not make it in swimming, as there is still no news about that.

#banbestmen

Gerade eben schrieb dcro:

Marko Čalić lost in final so this big misery continues... So unfair that heavy categories in boxing have much fewer quotas.

And it looks like even Ana Radić might not make it in swimming, as there is still no news about that.

I am so sorry for Calic, i think in 2012 he was in final as well

And Radic, lets see, but does not look good. And this is really a mistake of the trainers, which said back in february she is safe based on 2012 results. Afterwards she did not really try to improve her results and was preparing for Rio.

And except basketball that is it with our team for Rio. Lets hope the basketball teams makes it!!!

At least two good news in swimming from the european junior championship. Nikola Obrovac is european champion in 50m breast (but again non-olympic discipline) and Karlo Noah Paut bronze in 100m freestyle with 49.64. This is fastest time in Croatia this year and I think also last year. The bronze medal is really a big achievment considering he is junior for two more years. He could become a big one, but is a long way from junior to senior.

Miracles indeed happen. Now we have 84 athletes. Incredible that even with this, that's still 26 less athletes comparing to London. :d But we do have more male athletes than in 2012. 66 now, 63 in 2012.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm9FOqrXEAAU0kN.jpg:large

#banbestmen

So our basketball team saved us from having the smallest Summer Olympics team since 1992 (In 2004 we had 81 competitors). Seems that I was wrong about them, didn't think they could make it. Great job.

That is indeed pretty much the end of our qualification hopes. Though I am still hoping for another Invitation in swimming, but I don't expect that to happen anymore. Ana Konjuh should still have a chance to slip into the tournament field, but I am not sure if she would be able to play after injuring her ankle in Wimbledon. Mulabegovic was our last hope for Athletics, but unfortunately he didn't make it.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Miracles indeed happen. Now we have 84 athletes. Incredible that even with this, that's still 26 less athletes comparing to London. :d But we do have more male athletes than in 2012. 66 now, 63 in 2012.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm9FOqrXEAAU0kN.jpg:large

So 4 years ago we had 4 teams, now 3, that's about 13/14 athletes. Where did we lose others?