website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

Surprise, surprise, Barbara Matić will miss another tournament. I just hope that's not because our federation told her: "You don't have to go, you have guaranteed a qualification" :lol:

Lucky for Kumrić, for some reason Stam will not compete too. Kumrić is such a lucky guy.

#banbestmen

Finally some good news for us.

Marijana Mišković is in the final of Baku Grand Slam. :yikes: Just wow. Mia Radotić finished 7th today in the second stage of Tour of Chongming Island. That gives her 10 points and she is now 8th overall, so this is looking good for her.

#banbestmen

vor 3 Stunden schrieb dcro:

Finally some good news for us.

Marijana Mišković is in the final of Baku Grand Slam. :yikes: Just wow. Mia Radotić finished 7th today in the second stage of Tour of Chongming Island. That gives her 10 points and she is now 8th overall, so this is looking good for her.

That means right now Kumric is out. And Matic and Miskovic in, of course subject to that Matic stays among top 14 in her category.

Kumric lost in 2nd round and as he is not registered for last grand prix he is out of olympics. Even if he will be there probably he would have to win it. Matic is safe, but for Mišković crucial if Matic will go via direct qualification  or continentail quota.

this will very much depend on the results of Esther stam and few others in Kazakhstan. Means 1 or 2 quota for us.

no man in rio.

Mia Radotić fell today in the sprint for the first place of the last stage.... She dropped to 13th in general standings, what gives her only 16 points what isn't nearly enough to become a serious contender for Rio. She would have got 35 points had she stayed in 8th place...

Talk about wasting your chances.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

vor 18 Stunden schrieb prso1000:

Kumric lost in 2nd round and as he is not registered for last grand prix he is out of olympics. Even if he will be there probably he would have to win it. Matic is safe, but for Mišković crucial if Matic will go via direct qualification  or continentail quota.

this will very much depend on the results of Esther stam and few others in Kazakhstan. Means 1 or 2 quota for us.

no man in rio.

Mišković is not in. I did overlook the 3 Rd place of Turkish athlete. She is out by 18 points and Kumric by ca.30. As our athletes will not compete in Almaty we remain with one quota only. Unbelievable!!!

Ivan Kljaković-Gašpić selected for Rio in Finn.

Though, the main story is that we now have a confirmation that having Olympic trials might not be a good idea when our team is concerned. http://sport.hrt.hr/334892/kljakovic-gaspic-u-riju-borba-za-olimpijske-igre-ostavila-gorki-okus

They both finished quite low in overall standings, I wouldn't be surprised if they just looked at each other the whole regatta and ignored everyone else (even though this was World Championships technically).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

So no quota in Canoeing. We will probably only be represented in 14 or 15 Sports (compared to 17 in London). I don't think we can make it in Archery and Basketball. In Judo and Tennis at the moment it looks like the worst case too, because only Matic will qualify and in Tennis possibly only Cilic, Coric and Dodig with Konjuh still having a Chance. I remember the times when we were basically only good in team sports, so i thought our sport was developing quite good recently. After all we are a small nation. But all in all this Olympic qualifying is a disappointment to me.

Edited by Milan

Well, media here is really bad in being realistic about sport. All that "we are punching above our weight" attitude is completely wrong. What about Ireland, Denmark? Slovenia? Lithuania, Estonia? Hungary? They all have much more structured team than us (ESPECIALLY in individuals sports) and very similar resources...

Apart from judo and tennis, we will also have pretty much the worst case in table tennis and rowing (and swimming). We might actually have a chance to get another quota in judo thanks to reallocation. One Oceanian quota will be unused, and probably not all 20 tripartite quotas will be used (in 2012 17/20 tripartites were used). But on the other hand, luck also hasn't been at our side during this qualifications.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen