website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

I guess that double sculls is our 'surest' medal at the Olympics (ahead of discus throw). But you actually can't be too sure about anything.

As expected Lavric is out in the first round. Toncica Topic wasn't bad, but not good enough.

12 hours ago, prso1000 said:

Both Zugaj brothers and Janecic will for sure particpate in Ulan Bator (pictures at facbook of Zugaj brothers), if someone else i dont know. I dont know what is with Lizatovic.

Now it is official. No Lizatovic or Lavric.

http://judo.hr/?page=news&sub=detail&news=1002

We will have in total 7 athletes in Kazan ECH in judo. Few surprises in my opinion:

They give a chance to Tihea Topolovec (2nd at the cadet WCH) and Brigita Matic (junior World champion). This is very positive.

There are as expected Maranic, Djakovic, Sutalo, Miskovic and Kumric. But again no Barbara Matic! I guess she is injured?

Really bad weekend for us.

We might be without wrestlers in rio. One tournament left.

And in judo actually I was hoping for 3 quotas. Now it looks more like only one quota. Matic in danger to lose the fixed qualification, which would mean no Rio for Kumric. His quota is anyway in danger as minaskin won medal. He is probably still out of cont. quota :(

Edited by prso1000