website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS Junior World Championships 2022

Totallympics

Promising start for Germany, only the 2nd time in the history of junior worlds (after 1988) that Germany won a medal in both downhill races. Especially promising since Aicher on the women's side will be able to compete 2 more years at junior worlds while Vogt on the men's side will be able to compete one more year at junior worlds.

Other german women since 2000 who won a downhill medal at junior worlds: Maria Höfl-Riesch, Viktoria Rebensburg, Kira Weidle (all of them went on to make downhill world cup podiums)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

43 minutes ago, dcro said:

Zrinka Ljutić is the slalom champion. :cheer:

She is now invited for the WC finals, which is awesome.

This is very curious, Polish ES commentator Marcin Szafranski was raving about Ljutic during the WOG and said he thinks this girl can become a real superstar and I said to myself are we having another Ana Jelusic hype talk here but maybe he was a little right about her? :p

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

This is very curious, Polish ES commentator Marcin Szafranski was raving about Ljutic during the WOG and said he thinks this girl can become a real superstar and I said to myself are we having another Ana Jelusic hype talk here but maybe he was a little right about her? :p

Yeah, she was more convincing last season actually, when racing mostly the Europe Cup.

This title surprised me given her WC season this year.

#banbestmen

Bronze for Zrinka in the GS. :yes

Pretty great conclusion to an otherwise poor season. She didn't turn any heads in Beijing, and everything before that was even less impressive (compared to the previous season). Guess she peaked at the right time.

#banbestmen

This was an amazing for Germany:

- 4th best nation overall (behind Austria, Italy and Switzerland)

- No nation had more different (individual) medalists

- Most individual medals since 1994

- First time since 1994 that two different men won individual medals

- Emma Aicher became the first woman since 1995 that won medals in both the downhill and slalom

On the men's side Steen Olsen and Franzoni (both born 2001) were the clear standouts, Ax Swartz (born 2004) was also super impressive. On the women's side Aicher (born 2003) was the biggest star, followed by Egger (born 2001) and Ljutic (born 2004). France, Slovenia and to some degree Norway (great men's team, but only one individual medalist and not too convincing on the women's side) were rather disappointing in my opinion.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.