website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Benolympique said:

With the IOC's decision, what are the list of sports where Russia can qualify? Does she already have quotas? Can Ukraine or other nations boycott the Olympic Games?

All individuals.

From my understanding of what is not fully written:

Russian and Belarus athletes can not form pairs (as in tennis doubles, etc).

And they will get invitations to sports in which the qualification is already finished or has sidelined them (gymnastics comes first in my mind, but boxing etc).

Would be more intersting if they could still attend olympic qualifiers (as in boxing, or gymnastics world cup) instead of gaining straight quota.

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Alright. Which reminds me, almost 2024, meaning the vacation system for next year will open up at work, so it's almost time to register three weeks of Olympics vacation :cheer: 

Which is significantly more likely to happen than a (mass) boycott, by the way :d 

Still super curious what your "Cortina 2026 will fail/be cancelled" pitch is going to be.

unfortunately Milano-Cortina is seriously more at risk than Paris 2024, as we don't have a single indoor venue (except for the Forum, hosting Figure Skating and Short Track) and a few outdoor venues (the Trampolines in Predazzo and of course, the Sliding Sports Center) in line to be completed yet

and I wouldn't put my hand on a flame that everything will be ready by 2026