website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2018

bestmen

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

Bodegas I think established himself in Italy well before getting our citizenship...

Molina is surely "one of those cases" (but you can't say we bought him like Gulf Countries usually do...we never made him an offer that involved money, other benefits nor social status in exchage of his participation to our NT)

Volarevic...well, I don't know his personal history, so I just can't say anything about him...

and yes, it's fair to say that in some circumstance our foreign-born players have made their choices based on their sport and/or economical convenience (and I don't see anything wrong with that until it's a man's choice and not a Country's policy of searching, convincing and enrolling people who don't have anything to do with that same Nation...there's a big difference in those 2 situations)...

well i remember when Udovicic had to leave Pro Recco in 2010 as he was blackmailed to play for Italian nt

so, since he played several years in Italy, it would be also justified to play for Italian nt?

Edited by DaniSRB

4 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Van Dijke against Alvear for a place in the quarterfinals, that's gonna be tough :p 

Van 't End is up against German Trippel for a quarterfinal spot.

Alvear is no longer the "monster" she used to be...she's stil very good, of course, but imho Van Dijke has some chances...

both Van't End and Trippel are to be considered outsiders...so, the winner can say he's got a good day...

10 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

When I was a child, I was told stories of one of my great-grandmothers being Dutch 

You're practically Dutch if you ask me :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minuti fa, DaniSRB ha scritto:

well i remember when Udovicic had to leave Pro Recco in 2011 as he was blackmailed to play for Italian nt

so, since he played several years in Italy, it would be also justified to play for Italian nt?

no, in that case he wasn't entitled to have our citizenship, so he was considered a non-European Union player (as SRB isn't part of the EU)...

and our clubs have some restrictions for non-EU players...so, Pro Recco decided he was the one to let go as they coudn't keep all of their non-EU players they had in their roster at the specific moment...

as I explained in the past, things for club sports are quite different (and somehow more obscure)...

with those EU-rule, it's obvious that most clubs from EU-Nations try everything possible (and offten also the impossible) to make non-EU players get an European passport...

but this is just a distortion of the question and goes well beyond the right of playing for a NT or another...

Edited by phelps

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, in that case he wasn't entitled to have our citizenship, so he was considered a non-European Union player (as SRB isn't part of the EU)...

and our clubs have some restrictions for non-EU players...so, Pro Recco decided he was the one to let go as they coudn't keep all of their non-EU players they had in their roster at the specific moment...

well he said to media that it was or-or.....and that he turned down to play for Italian nt

btw he has Italian passport appearently (since 2007)

Edited by DaniSRB

2 minuti fa, DaniSRB ha scritto:

well he said to media that it was or-or.....and that he turned down to play for Italian nt

btw he has Italian passport appearently

well, now he has it...

the rule for a non EU citizen is 10 years of continuous residence (at least 6 months + 1 day/year)...once you reach that stage, then you can ask (and you're entitle to have) an Italian passport...

p.s. probably he was said that if he opted for our NT our federation could have him get his Italian passport earlier than the normal rule by asking it for "special merits", which is always an option (but it's also a direct decision of our President of the Republic, who normally doesn't give it so easily)...

I think it would have ended up in nothing in any case...

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

well, now he has it...

the rule for a non EU citizen is 10 years of continuous residence (at least 6 months + 1 day/year)...once you reach that stage, then you can ask (and you're entitle to have) an Italian passport...

yes, but he got in 2007, not now, and in 2010 he played for 3 years for Pro Recco :d

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, now he has it...

p.s. probably he was said that if he opted for our NT our federation could have him get his Italian passport earlier than the normal rule by asking it for "special merits", which is always an option (but it's also a direct decision of our President of the Republic, who normally doesn't give it so easily)...

I think it would have ended up in nothing in any case...

He has some Italian background so i guess that's why he could get it

but anyway, in our media he said that was blackmailed

2 minuti fa, DaniSRB ha scritto:

yes, but he got in 2007, not now, and in 2010 he played for 3 years for Pro Recco :d

was he married with an Italian woman? that's another way of becoming Italian almost immediately...

since I don't know what the documents say, I just can't judge...but there are more ways to get our citizenship "regularly"...so, I guess he took advantage of one of those methods...

Just now, phelps said:

was he married with an Italian woman? that's another way of becoming Italian almost immediately...

since I don't know what the documents say, I just can't judge...but there are more ways to get our citizenship "regularly"...so, I guess he took advantage of one of those methods...

he is not married as far as i know :d