website statistics

If you could create new Olympic Events...

intoronto

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Diving - Remove china for unfairness :p   ok no, but the lack of competition is really frustrating 

Says you from the country always winning the medal table thanks to swimming. :lol:

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

I'm all about more events so I'm ready for people disagreeing with my "utopic" proposals. :p

Archery: mixed team [+1]

Athletics: 4x800m or 4x1500m relay [+2]

Canoeing (Sprint): two women's C events and men's/women's K-1 5000m [+4]

Canoeing (Slalom): men's C-2 stays, 2 out of 3 team events (women's K-1, men's K-1, men's C-1) [+2]

Cycling (Track): keirin goes in exchange for 500m/1000m time trials and men's madison [-2 +3]

Equestrian: out with dressage [-2]

Fencing: full programme with all teams [+2]

Football: I like LDOG's proposal of men's futsal and women's football [+-0]

Gymnastics (Trampoline): synchronised events [+2]

Modern Pentathlon: mixed team relay [+1]

Shooting: a men's 300m rifle event and 10m running target for both (also, what ever happened to women's double trap?): [+3]

Swimming: mixed 4x100m relay [+1]

Table Tennis: doubles instead of team [+-0]

Taekwondo: at least one more category for both [+2]

Triathlon: mixed team [+1]

New sports not being introduced for Tokyo:

Air Sports: whatever Bearas would suggest :p [+2]

Boules: pétanque singles [2]

Inline Speed Skating: various distances, road only (and I don't care about speed skating already being at the Winter Games) [+6/8]

Orienteering: middle, sprint relay [+4]

Squash: singles [+2]

Wushu: taolu only, I know some would really hate this sport at the OG :p [+6/8]

1 minute ago, Quasit said:

Says you from the country always winning the medal table thanks to swimming. :lol:

hey we americans enjoy double standards

na i think the rest of the world should step up in Diving and Table Tennis, badminton is already much more equal

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

hey we americans enjoy double standards

na i think the rest of the world should step up in Diving and Table Tennis, badminton is already much more equal

So should the rest catch up in swimming since it's one of the core sports to begin with. :d

Congrats though, amazing overall performance once again.

Edited by Quasit

I will summarise this topic for everyone:

My country sucks at this sport or i have no interest in it -> remove said sport from the Olympics

My country is good at this sport or i have interest in it -> expand this sport into more categories and athletes/matches

/thread

11 minutes ago, Quasit said:

So should the rest catch up in swimming since it's one of the core sports to begin with. :d

Congrats though, amazing overall performance once again.

Thank You :d and definitely big congrats to Team GB (Always a soft spot for me since i love london so much) Couldn't you spare one medal and allow Sarah Hammer to win finally? sigh..... :p

The world really should catch up, though i enjoy that kind of performance in the core sports Swimming, Track and Field, Women Gymanstics. I don't think i sang the Star Spangled Banner so much in my life!  

7 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Thank You :d and definitely big congrats to Team GB (Always a soft spot for me since i love london so much) Couldn't you spare one medal and allow Sarah Hammer to win finally? sigh..... :p

The world really should catch up, though i enjoy that kind of performance in the core sports Swimming, Track and Field, Women Gymanstics. I don't think i sang the Star Spangled Banner so much in my life!  

Haha, well your swimmers didn't spare one gold to Laszlo Cseh either (although this year Schooling beat everyone in 100m Butterfly). :p

Juste maintenant , Quasit a déclaré:

Yes, precision is also good. Chances for Cambodia and Madagascar, and of course France. ;)

Yea, but still, I think it's the first time i see a non-french person genuinely calling for pétanque's introduction :p