website statistics

If you could create new Olympic Events...

intoronto

About swimming: scrap the back/breast/fly strokes and replace them with a combination of 50 and 200m. So you get one butterfly champion, one backstroke champion etc. Having the possibility to win 3 gold medals in one stroke is just too much.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I think a team sport only can be replaced by another team sport and since Baseball has been included again (although not in very acceptable conditions), I don't see any other one with the strenght to enter the program.

What is a no no for me is adding team events of individual sports, the only purpose that always has is to gift more medals to strong nations.

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I think a team sport only can be replaced by another team sport and since Baseball has been included again (although not in very acceptable conditions), I don't see any other one with the strenght to enter the program.

What is a no no for me is adding team events of individual sports, the only purpose that always has is to gift more medals to strong nations.

Baseball is not a core sport, and its extremely doubtful it will become one unless one of the current sports comes off. 

With IOC allowing a whole bunch of sports to be added in 2020, the thought of removing sports is plain silly to me.

And I don't see the point in saying that sport should be out because someone doesn't like, doesn't understand or doesn't follow it (or even because their nations are not good at it!). Olympics are not made for one person's liking, there's something for everyone.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

24 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Out Boxing, Dressage as individual event, men's football, modern penthatlon, wrestling and rhythmic gymnastics.

I'm also not a big fan of team competitions on individual events (tennis, table tennis, fencing, archery).

I would not put any more sport in.

Regarding Field Hockey, I actually like it a lot, and it's my favourite kind of hockey, though I don't think more teams are neede to the Olympic tournament.

Do tell what team event we have in tennis?

14 minutes ago, intoronto said:

How do team events work? One from each event like a relay?

no. each team has 3 boats. they starts at same time. the time of the team stop when last rider pass the finish line..teams has to pass all gates the same way as it it for the individual race, so the upstream gates too. each hit is penalized by 2 sec. and each miss by 50 sec.

You can hardly find much entertaining sport as the canoe slalom team events are. especially in the C1 and C2 classes.

We can have 3 athletes per Nation, which will be only fair in this sport !  and even if no so let say we may do it like the table tennis system. let say 2 athletes per nation with posibility to compete in the individual race, and the 3rd to be added for the team event