website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2018

Gianlu33

43 minutes ago, Agger said:

Yeah. Thanks to Rolf Sørensen for reminding Danish viewers that he crashed only a few hundred meters from where Casartelli died.

I believe it was a bit further away (that's what the Dutch commentators said, Casartelli died near the bottom of the descent), but yeah, it was the same descent, which is mentioned here every time they are on the Portet d'Aspet. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I believe it was a bit further away (that's what the Dutch commentators said, Casartelli died near the bottom of the descent), but yeah, it was the same descent, which is mentioned here every time they are on the Portet d'Aspet. 

They had already given it plenty of attention, but Rolf sounded pretty sure.

Lidl in the finish town strikes again :d

Gp8KAF2.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

Your phone is nicely charged. Admirable. :yes

:p

The 'Update me!!1!' thing has been there bugging me for around 5 weeks now though. 

PZUj_4RCSaScDmb-Ui0pEg~tour-de-france-lo

Stage 16

Tuesday - July 24th, 2018

h. 11:40 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carcassonne - Bagneres de Luchon

218km - Mountain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:FRA  ALAPHILIPPE Julian
5:13:22

:ESP   IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI Gorka
+15

:GBR  YATES Adam
+15

Complete Standing

YELLOW JERSEY

Geraint Thomas (GBR) 68:12:01
Chris Froome (GBR) +1:39
Tom Dumoulin (NED) +1:50

GREEN JERSEY

Peter Sagan (SVK) 452
Alexander Kristoff (NOR) 170
Arnaud Demare (FRA) 133

POLKA DOT JERSEY

Julian Alaphilippe (FRA) 122
Warren Barguil (FRA) 73
Geraint Thomas (GBR) 30

WHITE JERSEY

Pierre Latour (FRA) 68:21:55
Guillaume Martin (FRA) +2:29
Egan Bernal Gomez (COL) +13:50

PZUj_4RCSaScDmb-Ui0pEg~tour-de-france-lo

Stage 17

Wednesday - July 25th, 2018

h. 15:15 (GMT +2)

Bagneres de Luchon - Saint Lary Soulan

65km - Mountain/Uphill Finish

bG3GNWCeRMGCrabCxn9VRA~Tour-de-France-20

bQUg3M7uQ1ycBNKbmfQHJA~Tour-de-France-20

Timetable

'Formule 1' kind of start tomorrow: the top-20 starts on the front row, and the rest follows in order of the GC standings. Tom Dumoulin is expecting that to mean....absolutely nothing: "None of us, main GC candidates, will want to go hard from the first kilometer, so probably we'll just ride the first few kilometers rather slowly so the rest can catch up" :p 

Of course it's still something very different and I am very much looking forward to this potentially highly explosive stage :d 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

'Formule 1' kind of start tomorrow: the top-20 starts on the front row, and the rest follows in order of the GC standings. Tom Dumoulin is expecting that to mean....absolutely nothing: "None of us, main GC candidates, will want to go hard from the first kilometer, so probably we'll just ride the first few kilometers rather slowly so the rest can catch up" :p 

Of course it's still something very different and I am very much looking forward to this potentially highly explosive stage :d 

Really afraid of this stage, the time limit will be for sure very hard. If Sagan somehow will manage to survive tomorrow, his green jersey should be more or less quite safe.

Also Gilbert after his horror crash as expected is officially out of the tour :(

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Really afraid of this stage, the time limit will be for sure very hard. If Sagan somehow will manage to survive tomorrow, his green jersey should be more or less quite safe.

Also Gilbert after his horror crash as expected is officially out of the tour :(

I'd be afraid if I was a sprinter, but as a fan, this has the potential to be so awesome.